Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Less tier credits needed for Mlife Platinum via Hyatt Visa card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, CET Diamond, MGM Gold

Happy New Year to everyone here on the forum ^ just had a quick question regarding the relationship between Hyatt and Mlife, and the Hyatt Visa credit card.

The Hyatt credit card grants automatic Platinum status in the Gold Passport Program with the Chase Visa credit card. With this you can get Mlife Gold status, which would normally be earned with 75,000 tier credits according to the Mlife website. Platinum Mlife is earned at 200,000 tier credits.

My question is, if you had Mlife Gold status via the Hyatt Visa card, would you only need an additional 125,000 tier credits to become Mlife Platinum, instead of 200,000? Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:02 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
My belief is that it's a status tier upgrade; but you don't get the tier points.

Similar to when an airline grants you a match to an elite status. (i.e. if Delta granted you a Platinum Elite status match, to qualify for Diamond you would still need 125 MQMs not the difference between 125K and 75K MQMs)

I believe, the "easiest" way to achieve Mlife Platinum is to match from Hyatt Diamond.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
My belief is that it's a status tier upgrade; but you don't get the tier points.

Similar to when an airline grants you a match to an elite status. (i.e. if Delta granted you a Platinum Elite status match, to qualify for Diamond you would still need 125 MQMs not the difference between 125K and 75K MQMs)

I believe, the "easiest" way to achieve Mlife Platinum is to match from Hyatt Diamond.
How does one go about doing that? Send an email to MLife or call? I'm Hyatt Diamond and would like to do this.
Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:13 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by lindaiah
How does one go about doing that? Send an email to MLife or call? I'm Hyatt Diamond and would like to do this.
Thanks!
You can match tiers on the Hyatt Website.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, CET Diamond, MGM Gold
Thanks King!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:58 pm

I matched to Hyatt Diamond from the recent promo and just tried opening a new M-Life account. I linked it to my HGP account, but it still has me at Sapphire (the lowest) tier. Does it just need a few days to match, or do I need to call to match? I go to Vegas next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.