Wiki Posts
Search

Am i doomed!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, MP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Am i doomed!

Booked Frontier to DEN-CUN as the price was $150/ticket less. Now, I wish I would have done some research before the purchase. I had not flown F9 in quite some time and assumed not much had changed. My in-laws flew into town this week on F9 and proceeded to inform me of the new slimline seats and the miserable experience they had. In a panic, I jumped online hoping, praying that the bus we were taking would still have the old seats. No luck and now disappointment and dread has set in......not looking forward to the 4hr trek to CUN. Any advice on ways to make the experience more comfortable would be greatly appreciated. My kids are going to be even more disappointed now that the DirecTV option is ghost. Will definitely only consider F9 for short hauls at extreme discounts from this point forward.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
I think you will survive a short flight like that!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:32 am

You can:
  • Purchase a Stretch Seat
  • Bring a seat cushion ( Others have reported that Costco has a gel filled cushion that works.)
  • Bring you own tablets with movies loaded on.

Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
You can:
  • Purchase a Stretch Seat
  • Bring a seat cushion ( Others have reported that Costco has a gel filled cushion that works.)
  • Bring you own tablets with movies loaded on.

Thanks for the input. I definitely had not thought about the seat cushion option. Unfortunately, unable to get stretch seating for us all together or reasonably close. Working on the movies.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Fly 'em somewhere on Spirit and then you can say, "See, Frontier's not THAT bad!". I'd suggest flying Spirit to Lima.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RustyC
Fly 'em somewhere on Spirit and then you can say, "See, Frontier's not THAT bad!". I'd suggest flying Spirit to Lima.

Thanks Rusty. I'll pass on the comparative Spirit route and simply take your word for it. I feel better about my trip already!

Seriously, I have resigned myself to my fate and will now just make the most of it. A safe/on-time arrival is all I ask.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by RustyC
I've flown Frontier 25 times in the last 7 months. Except for the seats (which are not much different that Southwest's "Evolve") The inflight and airport experience has been pretty good. Their Customer Service definitely needs work, mostly because no one can handle the "exceptions".

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; Dec 24, 2015 at 8:54 am
Old Dec 24, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: AA
I don't mind Frontier's new seats for trips of 2-3 hours or less. They're a bit stiff and the style leaves something to be desired, but due to their design the pitch doesn't feel like it's that much worse than 31" on a legacy airline.

I've also never had a bad customer service experience on Frontier, the flight attendants in particular have always been wonderful.

I haven't flown Spirit much (and admittedly not at all in the past 2 years) but I do remember it felt much more claustrophobic than Frontier and the customer service in general was worse.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by bridge29
I've also never had a bad customer service experience on Frontier, the flight attendants in particular have always been wonderful.
Just to be clear I was not refering to flight crews or airport personnel. I was referring to their web, phone and social media customer service.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fullnelson3
Booked Frontier to DEN-CUN as the price was $150/ticket less. (
Yes you are doomed but you saved $150/ticket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.