Wiki Posts
Search

Elite status not awarded

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Frontier
Elite status not awarded

I have been a long time member (more than 10 years) of the Frontier frequent flyer program. At the start of this year, due to inactivity, I had no status. As of this week, I have flown nearly 53,000 miles this year and my status is still listed as 'Base'. Further, I have not been able to contact anyone at Frontier to understand why I have not been granted 'Elite' status, which, only requires 20,000 miles.

Can anyone suggest how to obtain the status that I have so painfully acquired?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
three words
Facebook or Twitter
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:32 am

You can try their email form or call.

Despite reports of people being unable to contact them I have been able to get through without undue trouble most of the time. Sometimes the person you get in not very skilled at communicating but sometimes you get someone who actually knows what is going on.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 7:57 am

Why F9?

Jerry, You're tracking for over 100K this year. Why F9? WN would treat you like a King and even UAL would be decent to you. F9 won't even let you carry a bag on for free. I'm just trying to understand why anyone who flys more than once a decade would find themselves on that hack of an airline.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by aghadden
Jerry, You're tracking for over 100K this year. Why F9? WN would treat you like a King and even UAL would be decent to you. F9 won't even let you carry a bag on for free. I'm just trying to understand why anyone who flys more than once a decade would find themselves on that hack of an airline.
Elites on Frontier do get a free carry on bag.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, Frontier
Thanks for the input. I am working in S. Florida and live in Denver. Normally I fly United (currently 1K, million miler), but they don't have over night flights to Miami or Fort Lauderdale. So, in the interest of preserving my Sundays and getting to work at a decent time on Monday, I take the Frontier red-eye.

The Elite status issue gets worse. I called the Frontier reservation number and finally got a human after more than 20 minutes of waiting. The agent asked me a flurry of questions that were totally redundant in terms of identifying me. She then agreed I should have been awarded Elite Status but told me she had to transfer me to another desk to get my status updated. The line dropped during the call transfer!

Last night I stopped at the Frontier service desk at DIA to speak with a Frontier agent directly. There was no one in line and 4 or 5 Frontier employees behind the desk. They refused to do anything and insisted that I had to go through the reservation number/dropped call transfer again!

There is a very good reason why Frontier is the lowest ranked airline.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:31 pm

I've found that if you keep at it you will eventually get someone who can help. Try all avenues phone, email, twitter(@FrontierCare) Facebook. They do tend to reply to tweets, but often the answer is to call the phone number.,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.