Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Dropped by HALF <48 Hours after Booking

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Angry Flight Dropped by HALF <48 Hours after Booking

Is there anything I can do?

On 3/20 at 11 PM, I booked 2 one ways from LAS to PIT a month from now for ~135 each using the Discover IT card.

On 3/22 at 10 PM, I was alerted the flight had dropped to 69 each.

I'm outside the 24 hour window, barely.

I know "buyer beware" and everything, but is there anything I can possibly do to get a refund for the difference via cash or voucher? I'm going to call discover tomorrow to check on their Price Protection, but I think it's excluded. I know that prices drop, and ordinarily I'd chalk it up to supply-and-demand, but this was only 2 days after I booked! Is there any justice in this world?!
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
First post nearly 3 years after joining. That's quite a feat.

I feel you're stuck with your pricing. You can of course appeal to Frontier for a credit of sorts for the price drop but in reality you entered into a contract to pay for flights at a certain rate.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Why should they give you anything?

You bought a nonrefundable​ ticket in an industry well known for price changes. Are you okay with Frontier asking you for more money if they raise fares within 48 hours of you booking? I didn't think so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.