Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier sales

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2015, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Frontier sales

Can anyone tell me how frequently frontier discounts their "den fares"? I noticed yesterday that the trip we're looking to take in January was $29 each way. It slipped my mind and today the fare is quite a bit higher.
Any hope that it'll drop back down between now and then, or is it likely to go up more? Do airlines have black Friday/cyber Monday sales?

TIA for your help. As a non-frequent flyer, I appreciate the advice.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 10:27 pm

While sales are frequent and I watch them closely. I have not been able to determine a pattern. Best bet is to continue to watch and jump on any fare you are happy with. Later changes will incur a change fee.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Is there anywhere where you can see fare history for a particular route? I'd also like to know I'd the current price is good for them.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:55 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question Should I join Den Fares?

A related question............the best fares require membership in Den Fares. Is the membership worthwhile? (Most of my travel is not on Frontier routes, so this may be a one off).
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
A related question............the best fares require membership in Den Fares. Is the membership worthwhile? (Most of my travel is not on Frontier routes, so this may be a one off).
The answer is - It Depends.

I was able to save the fee on one trip and everything after that is lagniappe. But I fly Frontier a lot for now.

IF you are going to fly Frontier a lot it probably is worth it. If you can save money on one trip it is worth it.

Someone here speculated that over time Frontier will move more of their best fares into the Discount Den. I kind of agree. But we are in a period where Frontier is trying lots of things to see what sticks, so predicting the future is difficult.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Sometimes they have sales that require den membership and other times it's the same or cheaper. I was looking up PHL-MCO and one day it was $39 den price $79 non and then the next day they had a sale and non DEN member price was $33
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:37 pm

I will be traveling weekly on Frontier starting within a couple weeks. As a result, I've been monitoring fairs on a daily bases and purchased several tickets through December. I've noticed the following patterns:

1. The lowest fairs appear to post mid-week. On Wednesday morning (12AM ) were new fairs posted at lowest $49 (Discount-DEN) from DEN to DCA. I snagged a few for December travel.

2. The Discount-DEN fair sales are very short-term for travel within the following couple weeks (with exception to immediate travel or within 7-14 days)

3. The Discount-DEN fairs appear to open up only a handful of seats on each flight and close out very quickly. Finding the exact pattern of their sales appears to be important.

4. I'm seeing weekly sales of different varieties ranging from anywhere between $29 - $49 Discount-DEN fairs. The sales are frequent and roll right into each other. The weekends have not been successful finding any of the super low fairs on acceptable flights but still appear available if willing to travel on Tue/Wed.

5. When I snag a fair at the $29-$49 rate - I just book without any options. The fair is so low for me that it's a throw-away if unused (related to the overall cost of potential airline travel costs). I'll plan on adding a carry-on or seat assignment when it's confirmed that I'll be taking the flight.

6. I've booked immediate flights or other flights further out (on busy travel weeks with no discount fares) with The Works package. Cancelling has not been an issue and the phone agents refund right back to credit card. I just cancelled one within 7 hours of departure and still had no problems cancelling including the cost of the Works Package itself.

7. I've noticed that The Works package is only economical if booking a round-trip. The further out you book the flight - the cheaper the package. I've seen it as low as $60 for a round-trip ticket.

And one last tip which may be a personal experience... The Frontier website is not using modern technology and has been frustrating with broken pages (or resets) throughout the transaction process. I have better luck with Firefox even though I'm a Chrome user. I also have more success resetting the browser after every search or transaction. In addition, searching the monthly fair schedules get very sketchy if you're navigating forward and especially backward in the monthly view tabs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.