Community
Wiki Posts
Search

under seat carry on size

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

under seat carry on size

i am taking a flight on frontier and i don't want to pay for bags. the flight was dirt cheap until i have to fork over another 30 bucks for my carry on. i read on their website that i can take a bag that fits under the seat (14 x 8 x 18) for free. i am going to put my 35 dollars towards a bag that will meet this criteria.

do you have any recommendations? a bag you use for this purpose?

i would prefer something with shoulder straps (backpack like) or at least a single shoulder strap. also something that will protect my ipad when i set it down on hard surfaces.

any advice is appriciated
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:25 am

Frontier GAs have not been incredibly strict on these dimensions in my experience. I have carried a regular size backpack many times with no problem.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by benfro6
Frontier GAs have not been incredibly strict on these dimensions in my experience. I have carried a regular size backpack many times with no problem.
Yesterday Evening on a flight I watched a woman get on board with a roller bag, two shoulder bags and a purse. As far as I could see she was traveling alone.

I do see sporadic reports on Twitter of people being charged one way on a trip and to the other.

The other day someone was ranting about Frontier's inconsistent enforcement of their policies since they charged her for her bag one was but not the other. The Frontier twitterer responded that carry-on fees had been in place since 2013. The rant went on, as if she was mad at not being charged for the bag they missed. The only response I could think of was to ask her to call in and pay the fee she was in arrears. Some people just won't quit while they're ahead.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:51 pm

You should be fine with a backpack, shoulder bag, or a light duffel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.