Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes coming August 1, 2015 for redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Frontier, SWA, Amtrak GR, Best Western, Choice Hotels, Wyndham
Changes coming August 1, 2015 for redemptions

It appears more dumbing down coming from Frontier.

Several days ago, I noticed on one of their pages that effective August 1, you will no longer be able to redeem EarlyReturn miles for Classic Plus seating.

Today, I called them. The agent I spoke with said that is correct. They are still trying to learn the specifics, but it amounts to one would have to redeem 10,000 miles for an economy seat, then their would be cost involved to upgrade.

Full details won't be out until the 1st.

You have a few days left to use the old benefits.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:29 pm

Unless you have a ton of points it really didn't make much sense anyways. I didn't really see the value is spending an additional 10,000 points for a seat assignment and checked bag. But then again, I don't see much value in redeeming Frontier miles for anything, I guess that's why I still have 60,000 of them...
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Unless you have a ton of points it really didn't make much sense anyways. I didn't really see the value is spending an additional 10,000 points for a seat assignment and checked bag. But then again, I don't see much value in redeeming Frontier miles for anything, I guess that's why I still have 60,000 of them...
I've never tried redeeming 20,000 points for a one-way ticket, but I think another benefit is being able to cancel a trip easily and get the points back, as Classic Plus tickets are billed as fully refundable.

While the 10k award technically has no change fee if the flight is over 8 days away, Frontier reps based in Phillipines still don't follow that rule and will insist to charge a $75 fee. Thus if my award ticket flight is in September 8 for PHL-ORD and I want to change it to PHL-ATL on September 6, assuming an award ticket is available, there should be no change fee. But Frontier's reps will insist to charge a change fee on it, assuming the date of the call is today July 31.

It's still a lot less than Delta's change fee for award ticket travel.

But the issue is more that the agent's aren't following the terms of the ticket.

I've literally had to fight with one once to visit:
http://content.flyfrontier.com/frequent-flyers
and search for this line:
Any changes to award tickets made 8 or more days prior to travel will not incur a change fee if the class of service is available.

The agent finally conceded but was still cocky saying it was out of courtesy that they decided not to apply the change fee that time.

Last edited by rtalk25; Jul 31, 2015 at 7:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.