Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier's move from E to D at LAS. Why?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Frontier's move from E to D at LAS. Why?

Frontier moved over to T3 concourse E when they opened it but now according to the LAS website they've moved over to D. Did Frontier not want to pay the larger E gate fees?

Last edited by Jerseyguy; May 30, 2015 at 11:14 pm Reason: I'm an idiot
Old May 30, 2015, 9:23 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since this seems primarily a question about the airline's actions and motivations, I'll move to that forum.

cblaisd
Moderator, USA/Las Vegas forum
Old May 30, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I wasn't even aware they moved back to D gates. I wonder if it has to do with the new routes they've added to LAS requiring more gate utilization.
Old May 30, 2015, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by gengar
I wasn't even aware they moved back to D gates. I wonder if it has to do with the new routes they've added to LAS requiring more gate utilization.
That probably has alot to do with it. I always laughed that the ULCC was in the best terminal in the airport. Still D is pretty nice, better than A, B, or C.
Old May 31, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Does anyone even know when Frontier actually moved back? I can't even find a social media mention about it.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:01 pm

As someone who lives here, I believe the rent is a bit cheaper when using D. But if Frontier wants to use a Hooverville in Austin versus the usual terminal, you'd think they'd be over in the old dump main terminal flying out of A or B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.