Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Does Frontier staff size your personal item, or can you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

I bought a 16 inch Everest duffell that is 16 inches long, 9 inches tall and 9 inches wide.

I know it can fit in something 8 inches wide. Will I have to face an obnoxious staff that can't make an effort to squeeze my luggage?
Old May 1, 2015, 8:54 am

On flights i have been on where they are sizing bags, you get to do it yourself while the agent watches. If you can squeeze it in the sizer, no charge. If it's even a little over, you pay.

That said, my last couple of flights they were not making everyone line up to size their bags. So maybe they have cut back on enforcement.
Old May 1, 2015, 9:36 am

I suspect as Gate Agents become more familiar they can spot bags that might not fit and check those. They don't check the ones they know will fit.
Old May 1, 2015, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If by "doing his job" you mean obnoxious, yes, you may very will encounter such a person. If, on the other hand you really care whether the agent is kind and caring in denying your over-sized bag or is truly obnoxious, your worries are misplaced.
Old May 1, 2015, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
If by "doing his job" you mean obnoxious, yes, you may very will encounter such a person. If, on the other hand you really care whether the agent is kind and caring in denying your over-sized bag or is truly obnoxious, your worries are misplaced.
Did you get "obnoxious" and "doing his job" switched in this comment? Seems like you meant to say:
If by "obnoxious" you mean "doing his job", yes, you may very will encounter such a person.
Or is the second half backwards and mean:
If, on the other hand you really care whether the agent is obnoxious in denying your over-sized bag or is truly kind and caring, your worries are misplaced justified.
Just Askin
Old May 1, 2015, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Often1
Do you fly F9 a lot, Often?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.