Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My latest flights on F9

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

My latest flights on F9

I just completed a weekend trip DEN-SLC-DEN on F9. Based on this limited experience, it looks like this airline may be getting its act together.

The roundtrip fare of $60 ($80 fare with $20 off promo code) was great. I didn't prepay to select a seat and got 21D and 22D at check-in. I am an aisle seat guy, so it was great.

I didn't pay any bag fees. My "personal item" is a small duffle type bag which easily holds a couple of days worth of clothes, a book, and my ipad. It is of legal size, but no one made me size it and I placed it in the very empty overhead.

On my return flight, Frontier's newest plane was on duty. This is a beautiful bird:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Front...d9e92ee87b8242

This plane has the new seats. They are pretty hard and do not recline, but for a flight of 1 to 2 hours they are tolerable.

The flights were exactly on time and the crews were pleasant. I shelled out $2 each way for a coffee, which I didn't really mind since the fare was so cheap.

So, I will definitely look at Frontier for future travel. I was pleasantly surprised with my experience and loved the cheap fares.

Last edited by myleguy; Apr 30, 2015 at 1:38 pm
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:09 pm

Thanks. I've been wondering whether the recent negative publicity was the result of kinks due to the the recent changes and the resentment of long time Frontier passengers. I was hoping it was, I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience. I have a few flights coming up after a long hiatus. I'll be interested in the experience.
Old May 6, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Thanks. I've been wondering whether the recent negative publicity was the result of kinks due to the the recent changes and the resentment of long time Frontier passengers. I was hoping it was, I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience. I have a few flights coming up after a long hiatus. I'll be interested in the experience.
As a former "Summit", F9 has always been a "KINKY" airline. After a year, I finally was exhausted with all the runarounds I had with F9!!

Maybe things are better now - I test their website once in a while, most times it has problems when trying to research fares!

I recommend F9 to snake charmers (those who thrive on wrestling with pythons!)
Old May 22, 2015, 7:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I flew them last week on one of their introductory $49 RDU-ORD fares (it's a new route). The flight was fine, we got in a half hour late but it was due to ATC issues, nothing with the airline. F/As were friendly, I enjoyed my free water and the plane was in decent shape. It still had DirecTV even but I didn't partake.

I fly one or two F9 flights a year and they seem to get the job done. As long as they keep serving RDU and pricing aggressively I'll keep flying them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.