Search

Unflattering article in today's PD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Unflattering article in today's PD

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...l#incart_river

Just a snippet:
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Frontier Airlines, the budget carrier with the fastest local expansion last year, has struggled to deliver on a basic part of the growth: getting its planes into and out of Cleveland on time.

About one in three Frontier flights arriving at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport were delayed last year, and the pattern continued through January 2015, according to a review of government data. About three out of 10 flights had delayed departures. Only the regional commuter airline Envoy had a worse on-time performance at Hopkins.

I only hope my upcoming flight CLE-RDU-CLE is hassle free this May.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
On time arrival and departure statistics can be deceiving as anything more than 15 minutes is considered late. Also, if you are taking a nonstop flight, minor delays are, in my opinion, of minimal consequence. On the other hand, if the delays are consistently an hour or more and jeopardize connections, then that is a serious problem.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:53 am

I'd point out their stats are marginally better than they were 2 years ago, before Indigo bought Frontier and well before the recent changes started. Not that the current stats are anything to be proud of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.