Search

Get Status Miles Without Flying?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: EarlyReturns Summit
Get Status Miles Without Flying?

Hello all,

I'm about 1000 miles off of Elite Status for next year.

Is it possible to 1. buy a flight 2. check in online 3. Miss the flight but still accrue the miles to count toward status?

Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:03 pm

Unfortunately not. Unless your boarding pass is scanned you won't earn any miles. Fortunately, mileage runs on F9 are cheap if you really want status, and elite status is nearly worthless, so you're really not missing much if you don't get it. Think of it as a win-win!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
exactly. FF status with Frontier is pretty much worthless now...

how much do you really fly Frontier? may make it worthwhile to do a same day turn.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EarlyReturns Summit
thanks you two. i thought about just going to the airport and scanning the boarding pass without actually getting on the flight but decided against it at the last moment.

yeah, elite status is awful when coming from summit. i'll miss the same day alternative flight and carry ons but not really worth it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.