Wiki Posts
Search

Classic Plus Fare

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: SW RR
Classic Plus Fare

Thinking about flying Frontier for the 1st time. But have a few questions.

1) I just want to confirm that the Classic Plus fare is fully refundable with no catches. For example, if I book with my credit card, and decide to cancel all I have to do is login to cancel and my credit card will be credited?

2) The price difference between CPF and Economy is only $75. Seems like a no brainer to choose CFP, since I'm probably going to need to pay for checked bag, carryon, seat picking, etc. What am I missing?

3) What seat is the best?

4) Do you still get a free drink if you do CFP. I thought I saw something a while back on their website, but it is no longer listed.

5) I plan on signing up for their frequent flyer program. Anything I need to know about that? Any reason not to?

6) Any other things I should know before I book or fly?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 30, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA
Ahh, Classic Plus is truly Frontier's best-kept secret. If the Classic Plus fare is comprable with a legacy price (which it often is), the Classic Plus is a really good deal.

1) Yes, it's fully refundable

2) If you're traveling with a suitcase then the Classic Plus is definitely a no-brainer -- especially considering you automatically get Stretch seating with 34-36" seat pitch -- better than the legacies!

3) The stretch seating is all pretty good, though like any other aircraft you may find the bulkhead or exit rows to be slightly restrictive.

4) Yes, though I don't believe alcoholic drinks are included. Frontier's coffee is pretty decent.

5) Depends on how much traveling you plan on doing. The FF program is actually not bad for redemption, but the perks are -- well, there aren't many perks left.

6) Frontier is VERY strict about checking in at the airport. If you're checking a bag, better do it no later than 45 minutes before the flight or you are out of luck. Frontier's interline agreements suck. If your flight is cancelled, don't expect them to rebook you on another airline.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: SW RR
Bridge,

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to book the refundable fare. Best price for the flight out for my date by far. If it goes down, I'll just cancel and rebook.

It's tough getting good prices from any of the airlines for March Madness to Vegas. I'm sure spring break time isn't helping. But I would think that most college kids aren't going to Vegas.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:45 pm

cancel before flight?

Do I need to cancel my Classic Plus ticket before the flight, or does it retain its value even if I don't show up?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Well, in respect of refunds: Yes, Classic Plus is refundable. But no, your credit card is not debited automatically. You have to claim the money back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.