Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2014, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jspira
Frontier is doing away with its Ascent and Summit elite tiers and creating one single elite status, Frontier Elite. The change goes into effect February 20, 2015.

Frontier Elite benefits include priority check-in, boarding and security lanes, the ability to select a seat in advance of checking in, access to Stretch extra-legroom seating at check-in time, one carry-on bag without any charge, and membership in the Discount Den fee reduction program through June 2015.

Above from:
Frontier Revamps EarlyReturns Frequent Flyer Program
Print Wikipost

Frontier changes elite status for the worse

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Frontier changes elite status for the worse

No more checked bags, no more waived change fees, no advance seat assignment in stretch, no more beverages. Still no tsa pre, still no internet. I've been summit for 5 years and this is it for me and frontier.

--------------

Dear (sucker for not switching elite status to another airline sooner),

As a valued EarlyReturns® Summit member, we want to keep you updated on the progress of our journey as we evolve into an Ultra-Low Cost Airline by offering Low Fares Done Right. We will continue to offer you low fares and the opportunity to choose only the add-ons you want with our Economy fare or our all-inclusive Classic Plus fare with the same Frontier hospitality that you have always enjoyed.

As our evolution continues, we are evaluating ways in which we can simplify our business and provide an easier experience for you. This includes the EarlyReturns program. So, starting February 20, 2015, the EarlyReturns program will retire our Ascent and Summit elite status levels and launch a brand new elite tier, Frontier Elite. Note that your current Summit benefits will be extended through February 19, 2015. The new Frontier Elite will offer a simple elite tier structure, but will still reward our most frequent fliers like you with added benefits.

You have already qualified for Frontier Elite by flying 20,000+ miles or 25+ segments in 2014. You'll enjoy the following benefits:

• Priority check-in, security & boarding
• STRETCH seating at check-in
• Complimentary carry-on bag
• Free Advanced Seat Assignment
• Waived Reservations Ticketing fee
• Free Same Day Standby
• Waived Same Day Confirmed fee
• Last Seat Availability Award
• Dedicated Customer Service Number
• Waived Unaccompanied Minor fee*
*Applicable only if Frontier Elite member is the unaccompanied minor

More importantly, a new benefit will be offered to all Frontier Elite members. Beginning October 31, 2014, Frontier will introduce an award redemption fee for all flight awards booked less than 180 days in advance of flying and this award redemption fee will be waived for all Frontier Elite members.

You will be emailed a membership card in February 2015. Please make sure we have your most up-to-date email address by signing in to your EarlyReturns account → View My Account → View Profile.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Frontier Airlines. We look forward to welcoming you aboard a flight soon.

Sincerely,
Tyri Squyres
VP, Marketing
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
Folks at the majors should not complain...this is a serious downgrade all around.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:14 am

This is year 5 as a summit member, but that's it for me. I'll continue to use them this year and hit the new Elite Status just so I can get the great new benefit of no fee when I redeem my miles. Between this and them dropping SMF last year, looks like its time for a new airline January 1.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
also traveling companions gets no benefits -- that is huge for me when traveling with family

From Frontier web site

I’m currently a Summit member. Will my traveling companions continue to receive some of the benefits I receive (i.e., complimentary seat assignments, free bags)?

Frontier Elite benefits are only available to the Frontier Elite member.

Last edited by MileHighColorado; Aug 6, 2014 at 9:28 am Reason: correction
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
From Frontier web site

EarlyReturns® Frontier Elite
Starting March 1, 2015, the EarlyReturns program will retire Ascent and Summit elite status and launch a brand new elite tier, Frontier Elite. The new Frontier Elite will offer a simple elite tier structure, but will still reward our most frequent fliers with added benefits.

You can qualify for Frontier Elite by flying 20,000+ miles or 25+ segments between January 1 and December 31, 2014 and enjoy the following benefits:

Benefit Frontier Elite
Complimentary Discount Den membership through June 2015 √
Priority lane service - check-in, boarding, & security √
Advanced Seat Assignment √
STRETCH Seating Check-In
Complimentary Carry-On Bag √
Last Seat Availability Awards (redeem miles for any available seat) √
Reservation Call Center Ticketing Fee Waived √
Award Redemption Fee Waived (starting Oct. 31, 2014) √
Free Same Day Standby √
Unaccompanied Minor Fee Waived √
Same Day Confirmed Fee Waived √
Frontier Elite FAQs

We value your opinion – if you would like to provide feedback on the new Frontier Elite tier, please email [email protected].
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:30 am

Also from Frontier web site

Frontier Elite FAQs
Frontier Elite benefits state that I will still get an advanced seat assignment. What does that mean?

As a Frontier Elite member, you will receive a complimentary STANDARD or SELECT seat assignment when you book your flight. You will be eligible for a free upgrade to STRETCH seating when you check-in for your flight.

I don’t see checked bags as a Frontier Elite benefit. If I’m a Frontier Elite member, will I still receive free checked bags?

Frontier Elite members will receive a complimentary carry-on bag, but will no longer receive free checked bags. Remember, as an EarlyReturns member, you have been automatically enrolled in the Discount Den which offers a $5 discount on checked bag fees.

Will Frontier Elite members receive waived change fees?

Change fees are not an included benefit for Frontier Elite members. If you would like a fully refundable fare, we offer our Classic Plus fare.

I’m currently a Summit member. Will my traveling companions continue to receive some of the benefits I receive (i.e., complimentary seat assignments, free bags)?

Frontier Elite benefits are only available to the Frontier Elite member.

You keep changing the benefits for elite travelers. Does this mean that Frontier is planning to end the elite traveler program altogether?

No, we are not planning to change the elite tier structure any further at this time.

Why is Frontier charging a fee to use my EarlyReturns miles? I thought miles were supposed to be for free flights.

As long as you book 180 days or more in advance of your flight, there is no fee to redeem your miles. Remember, Frontier Elite members and Frontier Airlines MasterCard holders have the award redemption fee waived.

Why should I still give Frontier my business? What’s the benefit of being a Frontier frequent flyer anymore?

Flying Frontier offers you ultra low fares which makes air travel even more affordable! You can expect more choice from us and the ability to optimize your travel experience for the comfort and value you seek. Additionally, being an EarlyReturns member allows you to accrue miles that you can use towards award travel (subject to fees/taxes from $5.60) or partner awards. Plus, we offer a competitive elite status which offers additional benefits like advanced seating and a free carry-on.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:32 am

I hate to say it but time for me to move to Southwest.

Last edited by MileHighColorado; Aug 6, 2014 at 9:32 am Reason: correction
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:07 am
Original Poster

You don't even get 'membership' in the discount den for the year, just until June. LOL. Don't care about elites anymore -- just not worth it to them.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: Frontier EarlyReturns; United MileagePlus
Multi-year Summit member here, too. They are simultaneously diluting (lethally so) their top status level and alienating their most loyal/best customers. Absolutely horrible. If they are set to make their FF program less attractive, so be it, but why not reinstate the "old" Summit benefits and create a new super-elite program at 30k+?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
We value your opinion – if you would like to provide feedback on the new Frontier Elite tier, please email [email protected].
Is there a more pointless invitation ever created?

FT should now move this forum to Budget North and South American Airlines. An airline without a loyalty program (or a sham one, as this new "program" is) doesn't deserve its own forum on FT.

Last edited by DenverBrian; Aug 6, 2014 at 9:24 pm Reason: Better proposed new home for Frontier
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Is there a more pointless invitation ever created?

FT should now move this forum to Other North American and South American airlines. An airline without a loyalty program (or a sham one, as this new "program" is) doesn't deserve its own forum on FT.
Agreed this is a sham loyalty program.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
Is this the $10 call fee, or some other fee that I'm not aware of?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Angry

Originally Posted by Caspian23
Multi-year Summit member here, too. They are simultaneously diluting (lethally so) their top status level and alienating their most loyal/best customers. Absolutely horrible. If they are set to make their FF program less attractive, so be it, but why not reinstate the "old" Summit benefits and create a new super-elite program at 30k+?
Yes I can't understand that either. Make it 50k, I'd still qualify. Apparently their rev per passenger for summits doesn't justify any benefits. Most of us who travel cannot choose a more 'inclusive' fare so it doesn't matter. Even SW has a better program than this. Why bother keeping anything at all? The only thing that mattered to me was the no change fee and free baggage that I rarely use anyways. The unlimited alcohol was nice but mostly took advantage because they took out TVs away

Last edited by freakdog; Aug 6, 2014 at 11:31 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:30 pm

No this is award fee for booking award tickets--
Why is Frontier charging a fee to use my EarlyReturns miles? I thought miles were supposed to be for free flights.

As long as you book 180 days or more in advance of your flight, there is no fee to redeem your miles. Remember, Frontier Elite members and Frontier Airlines MasterCard holders have the award redemption fee waived.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Here's the current info on my account (I've been burning miles, only two paid trips this year)... Liars:

Fly 15,000 miles or 20 segments more to maintain Ascent status for 2015. Fly 25,000 miles or 30 segments more by December 31,2014, to achieve Summit status through January 31, 2016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.