Programs: Frontier Airlines Early Returns, US Airways Dividend Miles
Frontier announces new routes

Frontier is announcing new routes from ORD, DEN, TTN, IAD, STL, ATL, MKE

http://www.routes-news.com/news/1-ne...a-new-frontier

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business...,7330181.story

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2...r_airport.html

http://news.flyfrontier.com/press-re...n-sun-everyone

http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...m_Trenton.html

It would appear to be DEN-PBI, TTN-PBI, IAD-PBI, ORD-MCO, IAD-CUN, STL-MCO, ATL-MCO, MKE-MCO, STL-FLL, MKE-RSW

DEN-PBI begins October 26, 4 times weekly, a319

IAD-PBI begins November 21, 4 times weekly, a320

TTN-PBI begins November 21, 3 times weekly, a319

ORD-MCO begins December 20, daily, a320

IAD-CUN begins November 22, 1 time weekly, a320

STL-MCO begins December 21, 3 times weekly, a319

ATL-MCO begins December 12, 5 times weekly, a319

MKE-MCO begins January 7, 3 times weekly, a320

STL-FLL begins January 7, 3 times weekly, a319

MKE-RSW begins January 8, 4 times weekly, a320

Last edited by delawareguy; Aug 6, 2014 at 8:44 am Reason: more info
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:54 am

Shame no ILG... this would do well.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:01 am
Original Poster

I think ILG would need a plane based there to fly to PBI. So no new routes until spring..... hopefully.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:07 am

I'm kind of surprised it will be flying ATL-MCO.

I'd think the family of four would just load up in the minivan/SUV to drive to Disney as it would be more cost effective, and the driving distance isn't as significant like Midwest-MCO or Northeast-MCO. Or, if they fly, it's going to be more expensive anyways (with needing a rental car at destination along with flight fares) and they'd chose Delta or Southwest.

Allegiant has a few routes from Southeast cities to SFB but it maybe depending on package sales more.

Maybe there is a young adult market (people in their twenties) interested in Orlando now? They might not be traveling with family, light on budget, and just going on short getaways there and Frontier can do well with that crowd.

Last edited by rtalk25; Aug 6, 2014 at 9:19 am
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:33 am

I'm surprised that they didn't announce the NAS routes (IAD, TTN) as they were approved for both of them. Maybe they are still waiting on an agreement with the NAS airport? Also, the rumored TTN-DFW (as mentioned in their booking engine) wasn't announced, even with these additional routes starting 1/7/15 as well.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lowfareair
I'm surprised that they didn't announce the NAS routes (IAD, TTN) as they were approved for both of them. Maybe they are still waiting on an agreement with the NAS airport? Also, the rumored TTN-DFW (as mentioned in their booking engine) wasn't announced, even with these additional routes starting 1/7/15 as well.
The lack of NAS routes surprised me since they did announce IAD-CUN, so it must be something to do with the NAS airport.

I think TTN-DFW is an error in the system.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:23 am

http://www.jsonline.com/business/fro...270166411.html
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by rtalk25
Yeah, it will get more tougher competitive against WN, FL, NK, DL. I am so surprised that there is no new route from St. Augustine yet. I was hoping UST-DEN/PHX/ORD/ILG. Oh well! Better luck for next time.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:48 pm

ATL is starting to look like a focus city.

Originally Posted by lowfareair
I'm surprised that they didn't announce the NAS routes (IAD, TTN) as they were approved for both of them. Maybe they are still waiting on an agreement with the NAS airport?
I'm surprised, too, but perhaps you are right - even though they have US approval, they may not have Bahamas approval yet.

Both countries have to agree and even IAD-CUN has a note saying that it is "subject to government approval." Since we know it has DOT approval, presumably it means the Mexican government.

They also haven't announced MKE-PVR yet - the DOT hasn't said "yes" yet - so perhaps there is another shoe to drop.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, Early Returns
Glad to see MKE-MCO back. Hope it lasts!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Wisconsin
Now, they can bring it back MKE-FLL/SFO/LGA/PHX/LAS/STL/MCI/HOU/MSY/BOS/DCA and etc. Thst'a will be nice.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by davywavy
ATL is starting to look like a focus city.
I wonder if ATL-LGA is likely for next year, possibly replacing CLE-LGA even more so. While CLE is nice, from the indication of the latest routes, I think Frontier prefers being ULCC in larger market routes and in this case ATL, It could always restore CLE-TTN if it decides no longer to use LGA slot on CLE.

Southwest flies ATL-LGA but it's trying to court business customers. Southwest also flies CAK-LGA at 2x daily or so, but that's less courting of business customers with the lower frequency and alternate airport, so competition and market maybe more ideal out of ATL to LGA for Frontier, as Southwest and Delta court business customers, and Frontier the leisure market.

Nice thing for Frontier is JetBlue lacks ATL, and Spirit's LGA slots are constrained and it might make strategic sense for Frontier to get in on the route before Spirit possibly.

I wonder if ATL-ILG resumes, or as I think possible (depending on what F9's decision is for ILG) is ATL-PHL.

ILG question:
Can another carrier service ILG while Frontier already services it - like IAG being serviced by Spirit and Allegiant? IAG has FLL from Spirit (daily in peak season, 2x weekly or less than daily off season), but the other Florida markets covered by Allegiant.

Another comment:
Also, from this round of new routes, Florida P2P flying is being more emphasized but it's doing it more from medium to large markets with more competition over airport markets like ABE, TYS etc.

Last edited by rtalk25; Aug 7, 2014 at 7:14 am
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Wisconsin
For how long this time?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:37 am

ILG question:
Can another carrier service ILG while Frontier already services it - like IAG being serviced by Spirit and Allegiant? IAG has FLL from Spirit (daily in peak season, 2x weekly or less than daily off season), but the other Florida markets covered by Allegiant.
I think it's feasible if the Spring schedule stays as pitiful as the winter but I don't know if the DRBA would go that route as I think they're on eggshells as far as being afraid of losing Frontier. I think it would take Frontier pulling out for them to agree to service a carrier like Allegiant with similar limited schedules. Only issue assuming flights were different times (which is easy with one flight max per day from F9) would be sharing the check-in desk which could easily be achieved.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by winstoda
I think it's feasible if the Spring schedule stays as pitiful as the winter but I don't know if the DRBA would go that route as I think they're on eggshells as far as being afraid of losing Frontier. I think it would take Frontier pulling out for them to agree to service a carrier like Allegiant with similar limited schedules. Only issue assuming flights were different times (which is easy with one flight max per day from F9) would be sharing the check-in desk which could easily be achieved.
The airport director has frequently mentioned bringing in another carrier, presumably Allegiant but it will really depend on how this spring schedule shakes out. I have trouble seeing Frontier and Allegiant coexisting in the near future, until Frontier has stabilized ILG service.

Last edited by delawareguy; Aug 7, 2014 at 9:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.