Wiki Posts
Search

Bag fees on multi-airline itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist

The cheapest ticket from MFR-DEN tends to be Alaska/Horizon MFR-PDX connecting to Frontier PDX-DEN. Cheapoair will sell this as a single ticket. My question is how bag fees would be charged on this itinerary. Here's what I think, please tell me if I'm wrong:

1. A roll-a-board carryon would be free on the AS flight, and then $25-$30 on the Frontier flight if paid ahead of time.

2. A checked bag would be $25 to AS, and would they then interline it to the Frontier flight with no additional charge or would Frontier find a way to charge for that?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage

Carry-on will be charged by Frontier for their segment. Checked baggage is whatever the policy of the first flights airline. They will transfer bags to/from Alaska/Horizon.

Answer is at the very bottom
http://www.flyfrontier.com/faqs/baggage-faqs
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I believe I just read a couple days ago that F9 and AS will be ending their interline partnership Sep 1st or thereabouts. Don't know if it is just IET (ticketing) or baggage also. Just FYI.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
Wow, the very last question on the baggage FAQ. Thanks for sharing that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.