Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ILG Just Got Much Further from PHL...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

ILG Just Got Much Further from PHL...

I-495 is closed indefinitely due to a failing bridge. This is going to make for a very long summer in the area...

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/...rt-pm/9880265/

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br..._columns_.html
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
I saw this around 3 or 4 when it first came out, I didn't think about the whole ILG thing. There are literally only 2 alternates US-13 which goes though downtown or I-95 which is going to be jammed because thats what everybody is going to take. Not good.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: Frontier Airlines Early Returns, US Airways Dividend Miles
Just announced by Transportation Secretary that 495 will be closed for weeks.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by delawareguy
Just announced by Transportation Secretary that 495 will be closed for weeks.
And I have to be in Center City on Thursday... hello Septa.

This morning's commute was a wreck - it's affecting more than 95. SR1, US13, 202, they're all a mess. Hoping they have it back open by August 2nd... Billy Joel at CBP.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by winstoda
And I have to be in Center City on Thursday... hello Septa.

This morning's commute was a wreck - it's affecting more than 95. SR1, US13, 202, they're all a mess. Hoping they have it back open by August 2nd... Billy Joel at CBP.
August 2nd? Good luck. Google has already removed it from their maps

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/0...d-google-maps/
Old Jun 9, 2014, 5:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Amtrak is a good alternative, it's a $25 cab ride from ILG to WIL and trains are frequent. I'm flying out of ILG this Sunday and I'll be taking the train from NWK.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
Amtrak is a good alternative, it's a $25 cab ride from ILG to WIL and trains are frequent. I'm flying out of ILG this Sunday and I'll be taking the train from NWK.
Depending on your flight and train times that taxi ride might take quite some time. 13 is gridlock anywhere near the rush hours since the closure. And if you're sitting in that mess your cab fare will be well north of $25.

Stay tuned - our fearless leaders are going to announce their timing and plan to reopen the bridges this afternoon.

Last edited by winstoda; Jun 10, 2014 at 8:16 am
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:26 am

Winstoda, would it be better for the poster to take SEPTA to Churchmans Crossing from Wilmington and then a taxi to ILG. It might save on the taxi ride too and they won't be stuck in the 495 traffic (most likely).
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
Winstoda, would it be better for the poster to take SEPTA to Churchmans Crossing from Wilmington and then a taxi to ILG. It might save on the taxi ride too and they won't be stuck in the 495 traffic (most likely).
That's not a bad idea. Only issue is that very few trains go as far as Churchman's and Newark... only about 4 during the morning rush and 4 in the evening. Also I think you'd have to call ahead to have a cab waiting at Churchman's.

Wilmington Station is still the most convenient since it has more Septa service plus Amtrak but keep in mind the traffic. Dart buses are running but 30-40 mins late during peak periods.

And the verdict's in... 495 will be closed all summer. They are aiming for Labor Day to open the southbound span and mid to late September for the northbound. Translated from DelDot-eze to English - might be open before the first snow.

Last edited by winstoda; Jun 10, 2014 at 11:44 am
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

For anyone traveling to ILG from the North, 495 southbound is reopen as of 5pm today. Northbound to open by 9/1.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Reopened both directions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.