Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MKE-LAS using miles in Aug.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Question MKE-LAS using miles in Aug.

I have been looking for a round trip (MKE-LAS) in August, every date I look at has the lowest miles one way at 20,000. Can anyone explain that????:
Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
2 things come to mind

#1. Summer is a busy travel season
#2. Not all airlines release award inventory right away when they release their schedule they try to gauge their sales before making free tickets available

So your going to have to wait and keep looking
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
#3 If that's actually MKE-DEN-LAS, it's almost always going to be 20K one-way. F9 rarely prices one-stop award travel at 10K.

Last edited by DenverBrian; Apr 1, 2014 at 7:55 am Reason: Clarity around multi-segment award travel miles
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:51 am

>>#3 If that's actually MKE-DEN-LAS, it's going to be 20K one-way. F9 prices award travel by segment.
Did that happen recently? I booked 3 tickets ILG-DEN-SNA last November for 10K each way.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
Did that happen recently? I booked 3 tickets ILG-DEN-SNA last November for 10K each way.
It did, and if you were able to get multi-segment for 10K each way, then I stand corrected. But I'm thinking it's rare.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:25 pm

MKE-LAS using miles in Aug.

I'm seeing a few days in May (like 2) with 10k MKE-LAS but yes it seems as if they are deeply limiting multi-segment award travel. Ive also found that cash fares with connections dont have as much of a discount that you might find with a nonstop flight.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I still find multi-segment itins in the off seasons (spring and fall), but never in the summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.