Search

Separate tickets on Frontier

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Separate tickets on Frontier

I can't seem to get an award for LAX-DEN-LGA, so I am thinking of booking them on separate tickets. Will they through check bags and protect me in case of delays?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:13 pm

I don't know for a fact that Frontier has a specified policy, which is (I suspect) like other airlines.

If you're flying AAA-ZZZ but you book AAA-BBB and BBB-ZZZ they won't automatically recognize this. However like with most airlines, I suspect if you show the agent at the counter that you're flying AAA-ZZZ they will check your bags through. Also, if you are unfortunately enough to have irregular ops they won't know to reaccommodate you through to ZZZ, but if you make them aware they will take that into consideration.

The closest experience I have of this is a couple years back when my sister flew them MKE-DFW and than American DFW-HRL. It was two separate tickets, but the two airlines do indeed interline (at least they did then, I don't recall if they still do) and so when she showed the Frontier agent in MKE that she was connecting to American flight 1786 to Harlingen they checked her bags right through without issue. This is essentially interlining within Frontier, so I don't see a reason they wouldn't do the same for you now.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Both segments would be on Frontier. Since the have moved to LCC status, I was wondering if they do such things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.