Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

[self promotion] 5,000 miles giveaway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld

Hi flyertalk,

I'm launching a new travel-related business and started a 5,000 miles giveaway to try to drum up buzz a little bit.

We have less than 1,000 entrants thus far so the odds are pretty good, and either way we'll run a few more of these in the next 30 to 60 days (lounge passes, etc.)

Link to the sweepstakes

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Winner announced April 5th, 2017
One entry per person. Earn 3 additional entries for each referred friend who participates
Restrictions apply: American & United Airlines miles only, transfer to existing accounts, upon successful contact with winner
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by flyingalchemist
, and either way we'll run a few more of these in the next 30 to 60 days (lounge passes, etc.)
Just as a fyi from the FAQ for sweeps that be listed/not listed in this forum:

"Can blog contests/sweepstakes be posted?

If a blog contest/sweepstakes offers a significant travel-related prize (i.e., airline or hotel gift card, airline miles/hotel points; not amenity kits, drink chits, etc), it can be posted. If the prize is not travel-related (i.e., generic gift card, debit card, free subscription to the blogger’s site, coffee mug, etc) & the sweeps being posted is intended to only drive traffic to the blogger’s site, it is not allowed and will be deleted by the moderators."

So your miles give-away is allowed, but lounge passes wouldn't fit the criteria.

Cheers.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Just as a fyi from the FAQ for sweeps that be listed/not listed in this forum:

So your miles give-away is allowed, but lounge passes wouldn't fit the criteria.

Cheers.
Thanks for the clarification, and Sharon above for the summary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.