Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

Anderson: American Road Trip Giveaway, daily, US 50 + DC and CA exp Queb., d/l 7/7/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anderson: American Road Trip Giveaway, daily, US 50 + DC and CA exp Queb., d/l 7/7/12

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2012, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP

http://www.andersonfloors.com/RoadTrip/SignUp.aspx

Prize is a $4000 check.
Old May 26, 2012, 7:46 am

Software problem? Absolutely will not accept the repeated password, even if C&P.
Old May 26, 2012, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sylvia hennesy
Software problem? Absolutely will not accept the repeated password, even if C&P.
Looks like it might be a glitch. It does say that your password must have a 75% rate to be accepted. Mine had a 92% rate. Filled out the form, and it zeroed out the password.

Since it's a holiday weekend, probably won't get fixed until next week.
Old May 26, 2012, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by sylvia hennesy

Took a few tries, but finally got through. I don't think the form will accept C&P. You probably have to type it in twice. Or at least I did.
Old May 27, 2012, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Flyingmama
Took a few tries, but finally got through. I don't think the form will accept C&P. You probably have to type it in twice. Or at least I did.
I did manual keystrokes, not C&P. Even changed the password so the acceptance said 100%. Added a cell phone, even though that part wasn't bolded so not technically required. Tried to enter 3 times. Still got it zeroing out the password.

If the web designer does it properly, it shouldn't require multiple attempts to enter. Frustrating. Hopefully they'll get it sorted next week.

BTW - since you have entered, let us know if the daily log-in works or it bounces that too.

PS - Thanks to FrenchieFlyer for posting this. If by chance I ever can enter & win, I think the $$ will be for airfare vs. road trip

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2012, 1:30 pm

Yup, daily check-in worked fine. I clicked on the link and the form came up already filled in.

This suggests to me that cookies are involved here. You may need to look at your browser's internet tool settings to see if you have the security level set too high that the site cannot set a cookie on your 'puter.

I know. I know. None of us want these blasted cookies, but sometimes there's no other way.
Old May 28, 2012, 7:24 am

Yup, daily check-in worked fine. I clicked on the link and the form came up already filled in.

This suggests to me that cookies are involved here. You may need to look at your browser's internet tool settings to see if you have the security level set too high that the site cannot set a cookie on your 'puter.

I know. I know. None of us want these blasted cookies, but sometimes there's no other way.
My computer sees other cookies so not sure why it would bounce this one. Usually I'll get a cookie pop-up notice if there's a problem related to cookies.

The fact that it only wipes out the password said to me this is a bit of a glitch. The form comes up properly; it just zeroes out the passwords when I click on submit, even though the one I submitted said it was 100%. The other data (name/address, etc) I've entered remains.

Just out of curiosity - why do you think it took you a few tries before you finally got it to work? What problem(s)/error code did you encounter when it didn't accept your entry the first or second time, as you mentioned it took you a few tries.

I've give it a try later in the week to see if anything's changed, but if not, life's too short & I'll move on & leave it to those who did get it to work.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; May 28, 2012 at 7:30 am Reason: added more info re: entry/error
Old May 28, 2012, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Just out of curiosity - why do you think it took you a few tries before you finally got it to work? What problem(s)/error code did you encounter when it didn't accept your entry the first or second time, as you mentioned it took you a few tries.
Cheers.
I don't remember getting an error code. The form just wouldn't submit and the password line went blank again. I refreshed, manually typed in everything all over again, and eventually it went through.
Old May 29, 2012, 9:26 am

The form just wouldn't submit and the password line went blank again. I refreshed, manually typed in everything all over again, and eventually it went through.
That's the problem I've had on successive days. I've changed the password to 100% acceptance, I've manually typed everything, I've refreshed, cleared the cache - in short, gone above & beyond and still no luck.

A well-programmed sweeps shouldn't force someone to submit a form multiple times in hopes that it will 'eventually go through'.

Time to move on to a dif sweeps, at least for me. For those who have been successful in entering, good luck!

Cheers.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
I have no idea what password I used so I just created another entry from scratch. There isn't a button to click when you need a password reminder as far as I can tell.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:03 am

Just tried entering this one again. Still the same problem for me, so I'm moving on.

Good luck to the FTers who got their entries to go through!

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.