Search

Apartment Rentals in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2009, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
Apartment Rentals in Paris

Hi everyone:
Has anyone ever had a good experience with renting an apartment in the Paris area rather than staying in a hotel? I am trying not to break the bank on this trip (Nov 14-25 with the 16-20th being paid for by someone else) and the hotel rates are reasonable the 14th and 15th but through the roof the 20th-25th.

Please PM me with any advice you could offer on agencies or apartment owners who have been good to deal with.

Thanks!!
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I have used this company before and are using them again next month. http://www.parisrentaparts.com/
Even though I had some minor issues in the past, this time the whole process worked very well. Would recommend them.

I would also do a search and you will see many postings and threads about this same topic.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:38 pm

Programs: aa co
I have used vacationinparis.com successfully. I wouldn't hesitate to use an apartment instead of a hotel room again. The price differential is usually modest (but may not be in your case) but the ability to spread out, have a snack, and so on more than make up for the fact that you have to make your own bed.
Here is a link you may find useful.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Check out vrbo.com. In many cases, you will deal with the owner directly. I have just used vrbo for the first time, but others here have good things to say about it.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
Great! Thanks everyone!
Old Aug 30, 2009, 7:22 am

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
You seem to have some good leads here. Let me add that from my perspective there is no doubt that renting a flat is better than getting a hotel room if you are paying and not using rewards. I will always chose that option over a hotel room.

I have used Cooper Flats www.paris-flats.com with success. Like some others, their web site has a full calendar listing available and non available dates for each flat.

Bonne chance!
Old Aug 31, 2009, 10:17 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
I'm also going to be looking for an apartment rental in Paris for next June, but only for 2 nights. I've rented apartments in Paris and elsewhere in Europe before, but of course most of them have a 1-week or at least 3-night minimum. Does anyone know of a Paris apartment agency that specializes in apartments with no minimum rental period?
Old Aug 31, 2009, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
I'm also going to be looking for an apartment rental in Paris for next June, but only for 2 nights. I've rented apartments in Paris and elsewhere in Europe before, but of course most of them have a 1-week or at least 3-night minimum. Does anyone know of a Paris apartment agency that specializes in apartments with no minimum rental period?

Just checked a few listings at random in the 5th arrondissement, and most have 5 night minimum stays. A couple of small studios rent by the night, however.

Last edited by SeAAttle; Aug 31, 2009 at 5:19 pm Reason: updated information
Old Aug 31, 2009, 2:37 pm
iff

Some agencies will waive the minimum stay if they have a short gap to fill between rentals, so if you see something you like, it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 11:05 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by iff
Some agencies will waive the minimum stay if they have a short gap to fill between rentals, so if you see something you like, it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Yeah, I've seen it happen that way before. But this far out, very few apartments have any bookings at all for next June, so I'm betting the answer will be "no" until there are enough bookings to create the gaps.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 4:09 pm
iff

Yeah, I've seen it happen that way before. But this far out, very few apartments have any bookings at all for next June, so I'm betting the answer will be "no" until there are enough bookings to create the gaps.
You're right, of course. Sorry, I had the OP's earlier dates in my head when I answered.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 4:09 am

tips on apartment rentals in New York

The most important thing about apartment rentals is to make sure we're not cheated. Here are interesting articles and tips to avoid scams. Read the readers' comments, too, there is a lot to learn from there: http://www.nyhabitat.com/blog/catego...rental-advice/
Old Nov 15, 2009, 2:09 am

Programs: ROP G, QR G
Originally Posted by keisari
I have used this company before and are using them again next month. http://www.parisrentaparts.com/

Please check this thread for more -negative- information on parisrentaparts

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...l#post12820912
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Get over it.
They are a changed company and their service now is excellent.
I would definitely go with them
(I have no economic interest in the company. I just appreciate great customer service)
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: ROP G, QR G
Originally Posted by keisari
Get over it.
They are a changed company and their service now is excellent.
How do you rate their excellent service ? It couldn't be because they know after the first bad report you wrote about them on this forum they should better treat you well, could it ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.