Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris next week ( 4/10 - 4/14)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Paris next week ( 4/10 - 4/14)

Can somebody please let me know what to expect in terms of weather in Paris next week? Also is this time of year worth getting skip the line tour option for eiffel tower?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Originally Posted by Stivelio
Can somebody please let me know what to expect in terms of weather in Paris next week?
Expect rain but I do not make weather predictions.

Originally Posted by Stivelio
Also is this time of year worth getting skip the line tour option for eiffel tower?
I wouldnt bother with them. What do you do if your advance purchase tickets are for a rainy day? They usually sell out months in advance anyway and if you are going this month, just show up at 09h30 and the line should be minimal.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Oh darn. It will be super disappointing to show up there for 4 days and not be able to go anywhere because of rain
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:48 pm

No guarantees

When I was in Paris last week (6 days), it was supposed to rain every day too, but we got super lucky, to have sunshine every day for good few hours (thank god, so I can take photos of Eiffel tower, Chateau Versailles, and most major attractions).

There are days/times it was sun, then followed by thunderstorms and HAIL though. We were on the BATOBUS water taxi for a full circle, it went from super sunny (HOT) to hail by the end, luckily it stopped when we got off the boat

Just be prepared for all, bring umbrellas also
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Heading to Paris for a few days next week. Want to take my child to the Eiffel Tower. The website, of course, is sold out but tickets are available through other online tour operators at a much higher price. Is that my only choice, or if I got on line at 9 in the morning might I be able to get same day tickets?

Or perhaps we could just take the stairs!
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by knit-in
Heading to Paris for a few days next week. Want to take my child to the Eiffel Tower. The website, of course, is sold out but tickets are available through other online tour operators at a much higher price. Is that my only choice, or if I got on line at 9 in the morning might I be able to get same day tickets?

Or perhaps we could just take the stairs!
We did the 4 hour evening city tour or something that included tickets to Eiffel tower with elevator pass or something. By the time we got there at the end of the tour it was around 11 pm or so but getting in and up was pretty quick at that time.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
In the summer, I think that the ET opens at 08h30 but even at 09h00 lines should be minimal. You can always purchase tickets on the day you are there, its just a guess as to how long the lines will be.

The earlier in the day that you show up, the better.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
We didn't make our reservation early enough and bought a skip the line tour. Here is what you need to know. You are skipping what might be a long line to get to more lines at the lifts..... that's it.

We went in the afternoon and they walked us from their shop about a block away to the front of the shortest line at the base of the tower. We then had the pleasure of waiting in another line that you can't skip to take a lift to the lower platform at which point you wait in a much longer line to get to the top where you get to wait in another long line to get down to the lower platform. The tours should be called skip one of several long lines. Glad I went one time, but wouldn't go again. I would absolutely echo the comments of go as early as possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.