Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connection in Paris CDG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Connection in Paris CDG

Hi all, I am contemplating the following flight from NCL to AUH and as you will note the connection time in Paris is 1hr 5 mins. Having never flown via CDG before I was wondering if this was feasible in practice?

AF 1159
16:50 Newcastle, International Airport - 19:40 Paris, Charles de Gaulle

AF 3802
20:45 Paris, Charles de Gaulle - 06:45 (+1 Day) Abu Dhabi, International Airport
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I would not do this - way too tight for me at CDG.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I'd get an earlier flight from NCL. If it's on one ticket you'll be protected but still not worth the hassle. I think the incoming NCL flights are at the remote bit of Terminal 2, in which case you're asking for trouble.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: DL-PM, HHonors-Silver, Marriott-Gold
Connection in Paris CDG

No way...friends don't let friends connecting in CDG. 2 hours minimum...almost missed my flights couple of times and I had more thang two hours connection.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:01 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Welcome to Flyertalk, Adam822311.

Moderator Note: I am moving this to the France Forum, where you may get more responses.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Many thanks, I wonder why Air Frace offer such connections in the first place? there is an option via Amsterdam but that too is a 1hr 5 min connection time.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Air France schedules many connections through CDG which are less than 2 hours. It makes their flight times from point A to point C via point B (CDG) look very competitive but I often wonder how many people actually make these connections.

One assumes that AF is happy with the number of complaints it receives from those misconnected and considers its marketing advantage in offering short en route times more beneficial to them than the damaged incurred by the dissatisfaction of misconnecting passengers.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Tamino
Air France schedules many connections through CDG which are less than 2 hours. It makes their flight times from point A to point C via point B (CDG) look very competitive but I often wonder how many people actually make these connections.

One assumes that AF is happy with the number of complaints it receives from those misconnected and considers its marketing advantage in offering short en route times more beneficial to them than the damaged incurred by the dissatisfaction of misconnecting passengers.
Skyteam connections, and particularly AF connections have become extremely easy now for several years since they concentrated their operations in 2E/F/G. I have done intra-2F connections in 10 min gate-to-gate and 2F to 2E or reverse in less than 30min. But to come back to OP's case, I would not book this connection as it is way too short. The reason is that the flight AF3802 is a code-share and is operated by EY. And EY is not Skyteam and is leaving from 2A/2C and so from 2E (arrival of NCL flight), this is too risky even with a flight in-time. As other posters have said, try to book an earlier NCL-CDG flight.

Last edited by Goldorak; Jan 6, 2016 at 12:21 am
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:08 pm

The above mentioned connection is, in fact, perfectly feasible, even without the Sky Priority logo printed on your boarding pass (which would let you through fast tracks etc.). Admittedly, CDG, in the last 2 years or so, has become one of the most straightforward & user-friendly airports when it comes to connections and, as I've already said in a similar thread on the AF forum (you may want to have a look at the replies from other posters), if I had to come up with a sort of ranking for best connection experience, I would put only MUC above it.

EDIT: I had not realised that the onward flight was a code-share service operated by EY. Still, you will probably get somebody waiting for you & other connecting passengers in case anything goes terribly wrong but, as others say, better safe than sorry.

G
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
The above mentioned connection is, in fact, perfectly feasible, even without the Sky Priority logo printed on your boarding pass (which would let you through fast tracks etc.). Admittedly, CDG, in the last 2 years or so, has become one of the most straightforward & user-friendly airports when it comes to connections and, as I've already said in a similar thread on the AF forum (you may want to have a look at the replies from other posters), if I had to come up with a sort of ranking for best connection experience, I would put only MUC above it.

EDIT: I had not realised that the onward flight was a code-share service operated by EY. Still, you will probably get somebody waiting for you & other connecting passengers in case anything goes terribly wrong but, as others say, better safe than sorry.

G
This may be the case for SkyTeam, but it could be seriously bad news if a Star Alliance flyer made the assumption that CDG was an easy airport to transfer through and 1hr 5min would be fine. The security line near the gate can be nightmarish and my last trip through, a few weeks ago, the FastTrack line was un-managed and took as long to get through, maybe even longer, than the regular line.

So if your connections are on Star Alliance (Terminal 1), I'd recommend a bit more connection time.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
This may be the case for SkyTeam, but it could be seriously bad news if a Star Alliance flyer made the assumption that CDG was an easy airport to transfer through and 1hr 5min would be fine. The security line near the gate can be nightmarish and my last trip through, a few weeks ago, the FastTrack line was un-managed and took as long to get through, maybe even longer, than the regular line.

So if your connections are on Star Alliance (Terminal 1), I'd recommend a bit more connection time.
True.

G
Old Jan 6, 2016, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks all, its a shame as they appear to have recently changed the timetable, previously you had 2hrs between connections. I think I will opt for a lengthier if not more costly alternative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.