The French Riveria in February

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AZ,Ba,,UA,DL,AA Gold ,Hyatt Platinum,Amex Plat., Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold

Hi,

I have the opportunity to go to the French Riveria ( Nice, Monaco, and Cannes ) in February and I'm wondering what the weather will be like at time.
Is it worthwhile to go at this time or should I try to go another month . Any insights will be appreciated.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by NickyEWR
I have the opportunity to go to the French Riveria ( Nice, Monaco, and Cannes ) in February and I'm wondering what the weather will be like at time.
Is it worthwhile to go at this time or should I try to go another month . Any insights will be appreciated.
The thing is you never know for sure. Each year is a bit different. It won't be hot of course, but it could be warm enough to wear a t-shirt during the day. At night you'll need a jacket. Or it could be one of those years where it is cold and wet all the time.

Note that you can drive from the Riviera for about 90 minutes or so to a nice ski resort which should be good in February. So you can do both beach and ski in the same holiday.

For me, September is the best time to go. It is always nice then and the kids are back in school. Sometimes May is an excellent time too, but not every year.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
The thing is you never know for sure. Each year is a bit different. It won't be hot of course, but it could be warm enough to wear a t-shirt during the day. At night you'll need a jacket. Or it could be one of those years where it is cold and wet all the time.

Note that you can drive from the Riviera for about 90 minutes or so to a nice ski resort which should be good in February. So you can do both beach and ski in the same holiday.

For me, September is the best time to go. It is always nice then and the kids are back in school. Sometimes May is an excellent time too, but not every year.

The south is best visited in April/May and early June and Sept. When throngs of tourist and families have left. February…. it is almost dead.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
You do have the chance to see the citrus festival in Menton and carnival in Nice during that period.

Been in the region during that time (2012 and 2014) and it was fine. A little cool at night but pleasant during the day. As others said, it is pretty dead outside the cities and a lot of stuff may be closed (then again, you'll most likely encounter the establishments that have to cater to locals for repeat business rather than those who rely on tourists for one-time visits.)

Don't bother with the lavender fields. The farmers have mowed down the lot and harvested each and every single flower stalk (I know, I tried to gather seed but not a single flower head left).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.