Wiki Posts
Search

Two days in Paris.......

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Two days in Paris.......

I have two days in Paris next week which I am looking forward to and wondered whether there were any 'must do' things that FTers would advise me to do. I was in Paris over ten years ago in my teens and, to be honest, don't remember much about what I did!

I want to do the usual touristy things - Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Sacre Coeur, Louvre etc. I just wondered whether there were any other less touristy things which are well worth doing.

Staying close to Republique station but happy travelling around the city.

Oh, and any nice restaurant / bar recommendations would be great too!

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Hi
probably everything will be overcrowded in high season but Versaille (it's out of the center, actually different city) is nice to go a day! but would require a full day actually.

Buy a 2-3 day pass for the metro. you can get around quite quick then.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by stu1985
I have two days in Paris next week which I am looking forward to and wondered whether there were any 'must do' things that FTers would advise me to do. I was in Paris over ten years ago in my teens and, to be honest, don't remember much about what I did!

I want to do the usual touristy things - Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Sacre Coeur, Louvre etc. I just wondered whether there were any other less touristy things which are well worth doing.

Staying close to Republique station but happy travelling around the city.

Oh, and any nice restaurant / bar recommendations would be great too!

Thanks in advance!
Some favorites of mine:The Rodin museum is partially closed until fall but a lot of his sculpture is on display in the garden.

The Cluny Museum is conveniently placed as a starting point for a walk around the Latin Quarter.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
You could try looking in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...aten-path.html just a couple down on this page, no search needed, which is almost identical to your question.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Perfect - thanks all. Few good ideas of how to spend my time there!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by stu1985
Perfect - thanks all. Few good ideas of how to spend my time there!
Have a great trip! it's a nice city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.