Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for a hotel that will allow early arrival?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:10 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Our flight arrives at 6:45 AM.

We'd like to find a hotel ideally on the Right Bank for one night as we will be leasing an apartment the following day. This will put us in the area of the apartment.

Any thoughts on hotels that might allow such an early arrival from past experience?

Thanks.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Nobody can answer such a question IMO. It depends on the occupancy rate and nobody knows this here on this forum
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Any hotel will allow you access to a room at 6:45 am as long as you have paid for the previous night. Otherwise, the room will have had to be vacant for that period and that is probably nothing any operator will guarantee for you without some type of payment.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Right. The only way to guarantee an early checkin is to book a room for the night before and advise the hotel to hold for am arrival.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
I'm also looking for something similar, but would even be satisfied if I can just leave my luggage while I go look around.
Having said that, are there day lockers are Gare Nord?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Originally Posted by iceblueshoes
are there day lockers are Gare Nord?

Yes there are.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The chain hotels are probably more willing and able to give you a room early if it's available than small locally owned places. If you have status with some chain, look at their choices. If you have top status, there are ways to practically guarantee fairly early arrival, but not at 6:45 am in general. If this is when your flight lands, it could be almost 8 when you leave the airport. Then the RER/metro, airport bus, or a taxi in rush hour is likely to take another hour, so you're unlikely to be at the hotel much before 9.

Check whether your airline provides an arrivals lounge, where you can take a shower and have breakfast.

Most hotels--IME all but some of the cheap fleabag type--will store your luggage and call your cell when your room is ready, but of course don't leave any valuables there.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by Tamino
Yes there are.
Thanks!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The chain hotels are probably more willing and able to give you a room early if it's available than small locally owned places. If you have status with some chain, look at their choices. If you have top status, there are ways to practically guarantee fairly early arrival, but not at 6:45 am in general. If this is when your flight lands, it could be almost 8 when you leave the airport. Then the RER/metro, airport bus, or a taxi in rush hour is likely to take another hour, so you're unlikely to be at the hotel much before 9.

Check whether your airline provides an arrivals lounge, where you can take a shower and have breakfast.

Most hotels--IME all but some of the cheap fleabag type--will store your luggage and call your cell when your room is ready, but of course don't leave any valuables there.
I have no status. I'd be arriving in Paris b/w 10-11am from London via the Eurostar. Not too concerned about the room being ready, moreso just leaving my stuff there while I look around the city.

I figured that hotels would be more open vs. say an airbnb listing... decisions, decisions...
Old Jun 11, 2015, 2:31 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Also, have a look at https://www.between9and5.com/ whose day rooms may be cheaper than paying for the previous overnight.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
If you have top elite status at Intercontinental you are guaranteed 8am check in, no matter what.

Otherwise any decent hotel will hold your luggage for you while you tour around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.