Need hotel near friends in St. Germain des Pres

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion

They're in an AirBNB at 22 Rue D'Odeon.

I'd like to be within say five blocks of them. Any nice, moderately priced hotels you'd recommend for a three night stay?

Thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Originally Posted by BostonGuy
Any nice, moderately priced hotels
What is moderately priced in euros?

Last edited by Tamino; Mar 5, 2015 at 1:07 pm
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
They're in an AirBNB at 22 Rue D'Odeon.

I'd like to be within say five blocks of them. Any nice, moderately priced hotels you'd recommend for a three night stay?

Thanks.
A little more than five blocks away, but they're short blocks, you'll find hotels on Rue du Sommerard including the Latin Home which you will have seen if you watched French in Action. I have a family connection to the very inexpensive Hotel Marignan, a bohemian place where you can get lots of exercise climbing the spiral staircase to your room. It's about as cheap as you can get, and you get a pretty bare-bones experience. Among its features are free wifi, free access to a kitchen and laundry, and an excitable patron providing ongoing drama. Not all its rooms have en-suite toilets and showers, and those that do may have very rudimentary facilities. Rue du Sommerard is very quiet and in the middle of the Latin Quarter.

The Hotel Studia, literally the first thing you see when exiting the Maubert-Mutualité Métro station, has less atmosphere, but many visitors would just as soon dispense with that. It's right on Blvd. Saint-Germain, another two very short blocks further from you friends' apartment. I had a quatrième étage (fifth floor) room overlooking the boulevard and it was noisier than I'd have liked. Rooms overlooking the courtyard would be a lot quieter. I had to send a check to confirm my reservation, and the hotel didn't take credit cards when I stayed there in 2011. The owner was very warm and helpful, and the hotel made me feel like I was still in the Paris I first visited in the mid Sixties.

Both of these places serve a very basic breakfast. It was €5/day at the Studia. You'll get a better breakfast elsewhere but I took theirs for the bit of sociability that came with it.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The Holiday Inn Notre Dame is about 500 meters away from Odeon. It is a rather nice HI.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
I don't mind spending say $150 to $170 a night.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:38 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I don't mind spending say $150 to $170 a night.
That's pretty low for Paris.

Try Hotwire. Specify the "Saint Germain - Luxembourg Gardens - Invalides" area.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:54 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
I dont know how many blocks this is from your friends, but we stay at the Hotel Parc de Severin in the heart of the Latin Quarter.

That comes in close to your budget figure.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
This hotel is a Gem, in my opinion. Location is also pretty good, just opposite Luxembourg gardens.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R...de_France.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.