Search

Villa Montparnasse hotel in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Global Entry
Villa Montparnasse hotel in Paris

Hello Everyone,

I was thinking about staying the Villa Montparnasse hotel at the recommendation of my travel agent. Has anyone here stayed there before? would you stay there again?

thank you
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Yes, but

I stayed there in January of 2002 - it was ok then. No idea how the last twelve and a half years have treated it.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Usalv
Hello Everyone,

I was thinking about staying the Villa Montparnasse hotel at the recommendation of my travel agent. Has anyone here stayed there before? would you stay there again?

thank you
Tripadvisor is your friend
I do not have first hand knowledge but look at this link.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...de_France.html
Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Unless you wanted to visit the catacombs, this would not be my first choice of hotels for a stay in Paris. Do you have other options or maybe a budget window in euros?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by keisari
Tripadvisor is your friend
I do not have first hand knowledge but look at this link.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...de_France.html
Thank you. I just looked at the travel photos. Oh no!! I need a different hotel.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tamino
Unless you wanted to visit the catacombs, this would not be my first choice of hotels for a stay in Paris. Do you have other options or maybe a budget window in euros?

Thank you

300 to 450 in Euros budget. what that get me?

Here are some hotels that I like the traveler photos from TripAdvisor

1. Hotel Duquesne Eiffel
2. Hotel Cecilia Arc De Trimphe
3. Hotel Signature st Germain des Pres
4. Renaisse paris Arc de triomphe Hotel
6. Hotel du champ de Marc
7. hotel eber mars
8. Hotel St Pierre
9. Splendid Tour Eiffel

Last edited by Usalv; Aug 31, 2014 at 3:30 pm
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Originally Posted by Usalv
300 to 450 in Euros budget
That´s a very generous budget if it is per night. I am familiar with the Duquesne and the Hotel Champ de Mars. I thought that they might be less expensive but both are well regarded.

Here are two hotels in my neighborhood, near rue de Sèvres, which I usually recommend to friends visiting:

La Belle Juliette
Hôtel des Saints Pères

Le Petit Chomel was completely refurbished this summer and would certainly be on my list of interesting hotels. It´s located about 150 meters from le Bon Marché on a very quite street. It´s a little more modest than the others but I really like the look and the location.

This neighborhood is just a bit southwest of the Latin Quarter, near the Bon Marché. It is generally very understated but full of delightful surprises (shopping and restaurant) and central to just about anywhere you might want to go. I think you would like it a lot better than somewhere in the 14th.

No matter what you decide, be sure to do a complete opinion search on line before you commit to any hotel.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tamino
That´s a very generous budget if it is per night. I am familiar with the Duquesne and the Hotel Champ de Mars. I thought that they might be less expensive but both are well regarded.

Here are two hotels in my neighborhood, near rue de Sèvres, which I usually recommend to friends visiting:

La Belle Juliette
Hôtel des Saints Pères

Le Petit Chomel was completely refurbished this summer and would certainly be on my list of interesting hotels. It´s located about 150 meters from le Bon Marché on a very quite street. It´s a little more modest than the others but I really like the look and the location.

This neighborhood is just a bit southwest of the Latin Quarter, near the Bon Marché. It is generally very understated but full of delightful surprises (shopping and restaurant) and central to just about anywhere you might want to go. I think you would like it a lot better than somewhere in the 14th.

No matter what you decide, be sure to do a complete opinion search on line before you commit to any hotel.
Thank You Monsieur for the information. I'll be sure to due to complete opinion search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.