Search

CDG to 13 Arr

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2014, 9:32 am
LAR
Original Poster

Cool CDG to 13 Arr

Hi,

I've seen some threads on how to travel to central Paris but I havent been able to figure out what I'd specifically need to do in order to take public transport.

We are a family of 5 arriving Wed July 2 at 9:30am into CDG. We need to get to an apartment on Rue Scipion which is near Les Gobelins metro.

Since I'm assuming we will not fit in a standard taxi, I believe I need to take train/metro.

I'd appreciate hearing what is the best routing to take.

Thanks Very much,
LAR
Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by LAR
Hi,

I've seen some threads on how to travel to central Paris but I havent been able to figure out what I'd specifically need to do in order to take public transport.

We are a family of 5 arriving Wed July 2 at 9:30am into CDG. We need to get to an apartment on Rue Scipion which is near Les Gobelins metro.

Since I'm assuming we will not fit in a standard taxi, I believe I need to take train/metro.

Thanks Very much,
LAR
By train & metro:
  1. RER B towards Robinson / St. Rmy-ls-Chevreuse
  2. Get off at Chtelet - les Halles
  3. Take metro line 7 towards Villejuif - Louis Aragon / Mairie d'Ivry
  4. Get off at Les Gobelins

I think Paris residents with experience will recommend some kind of van service though. It's likely to cost the same or less and will be less trouble for a group of five.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 4:19 pm
LAR
Original Poster

Thanks very much. I'm beginning to worry about how far my kids will have to carry their bags and so agree that I'd better take a look at vans.

If anyone can recommend an inexpensive van service, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
LAR
Old Jun 28, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Taxi will be fine

You will not fit in a standard taxi but there are nowadays at CDG plenty of minivan (<<l'espace>>) type taxis that will work for your party. Just walk out to the taxi queue curbside and if there is not one immediately available one will be along in a few minutes.

There is no such thing as an inexpensive van service, at least not one that is reliable. Also, with a pre-reserved van if your flight is delayed you face the hassle of added charges and/or waiting for a replacement van to arrive for you.

And the trip via RER with three kids after an overnight flight would not be a good start to the trip.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 5:38 am

While this post may be too late for OP, it may help others.

G7 is a reliable, large taxi company in Paris. One can book a cab for 5 (or more) people through them:

http://www.taxisg7.com/services/large-taxi-monospace

Cost from CDG to the Goeblins should be around 60 to 75 euros-that G7 site has a cost estimator one can use. By comparison, the cost to use the RER/Metro is around 10€ each, so the family of 5 would be around 50 euros.

The savings by not taking a cab are hardly worth it. That plan to change from RER to Metro at Chatalet looks good until you do it, especially with kids and luggage. Confusing corridors, stairs, escalators (if they're working), long walks from one platform to next. Plus walk to apartment at Goeblins. Really penny wise, pound foolish. Skip a t-shirt and take the cab.

Vans are ok, when they show up and you can find them at CDG. Read up as this is often an issue. I am not sure a van saves much over a cab for 5 people.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
While this post may be too late for OP, it may help others.

G7 is a reliable, large taxi company in Paris. One can book a cab for 5 (or more) people through them:

http://www.taxisg7.com/services/large-taxi-monospace

Cost from CDG to the Goeblins should be around 60 to 75 euros-that G7 site has a cost estimator one can use. By comparison, the cost to use the RER/Metro is around 10 each, so the family of 5 would be around 50 euros.

The savings by not taking a cab are hardly worth it. That plan to change from RER to Metro at Chatalet looks good until you do it, especially with kids and luggage. Confusing corridors, stairs, escalators (if they're working), long walks from one platform to next. Plus walk to apartment at Goeblins. Really penny wise, pound foolish. Skip a t-shirt and take the cab.

Vans are ok, when they show up and you can find them at CDG. Read up as this is often an issue. I am not sure a van saves much over a cab for 5 people.
I have yet to see a taxi that will take 5 people, as is not many take 4 people.

A van is better, and if using G7, you have to call them once you land to send you a van from the taxi line just outside of the airport.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA, DL
If taking RER B

Originally Posted by LAR
Hi,

Thanks Very much,
LAR
The price for the kids is 6.40 (9.25 for adults). In case you decide to take RER B to Paris and then switch to mtro, be sure to keep all your tickets because you will need them again to get to mtro.

Cheers,
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by ronin98syu
The price for the kids is 6.40 (9.25 for adults). In case you decide to take RER B to Paris and then switch to mtro, be sure to keep all your tickets because you will need them again to get to mtro.

Cheers,
Good advice. Cheap rates for kids are up to 9 years old. After that, I think is full fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.