Review my 6 days itinerary, Pls!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Review my 6 days itinerary, Pls!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by SeamusSA
The Outlets at La Vallée are not what grandma is accustomed to back home - it's really a large rather pedestrian mall with an appended annex of outdoor faux village buildings housing some mid-level/upscale wannabe retail designer brands - Villeroy & Bosch, RL, sort of the equivalent of Martha Stewart in the States. Difference is that retail prices in Europe are typically a lot higher (to be fair, so is the quality) so an outlet reduction of 30-50% off retail still seems expensive by American tourist standards. And - not to be indelicate but, gotta ask - keep in mind that if granny is toward the zaftig side of the scale (as are so many Americans) it may be difficult to find clothes that fit in the designer outlets.

The new mall at Beaugrenelles is a much better idea - it is actually in/near the rue du Commerce area traditionally known for housing designer outlets or <<destockage>> shops so maybe you can sell grandma on that. It will likely offer much of the same stuff you can find back home, but such is the globalization effect...

One other thing which may be a treat for Granny - take her to the Marks & Spencer at 100 Champs-Elysées and she can get a taste of both French and British. Tell her M&S is like the Target or Kohl's of Great Britain.
She doesn't have to go to the Champs for M&S, Beaugrenelle has the biggest location there, 4 floors.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Just got back from France Sat night. We all had a good time. Thank you for all those who had help to plan my trip. We really did a lot of driving. First without a GPS but ended up purchasing one at Saint Malo. On the first day after landing, we went to Chantilly. We spend about 3 hours there including lunch. After Chantilly, we checked in to the Airbnb apartment on Ermont before picking up grandma. Second day, we drove to Cancale and spend 2 nights there. We checked out Saint Michel, Saint Malo, Omaha beach, musee memorial Omaha. After that we went back to stay in Ermont. We went to Versailles but because of a small fire they evacuated everybody out of the building. After that we went to the outlet Val d'Europe. At night ( 1 pm), we drove to Eiffel tower and Arc de Triomphe to take some pictures. The last day, we took the train to Lafayette and Louvre.
Grandma went to Aeroville mall after I left cause her fight was in the evening. Didn't check out the new mall at Beaugrenelles cause grandma was happy after shopping at Lafayette. That's all for my trip. Thank you for reading.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.