Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uber Paris

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Tamino
Uber POP was banned though you can still see them occasionally available on the Uber app. I am not sure what insurance protection a rider would have if he were involved in an accident using Uber POP.

A friend left for CDG this morning using the normal Uber service. He paid 85; about 30% higher than I have ever paid a taxi over the same route.

Thank you for the tip, Tamino. If I did use Uber, it would the the higher level service.

The rate your friend was charged to the airport is also substantially higher than many car services like Blacklane reportedly charge. It looks like it pays to comparison shop for things like transfers.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
It looks like it pays to comparison shop for things like transfers.
Uber told him in advance that he would pay a premium for the segment he took. He ignored my taxi advice and took Uber.

It looks as though fixed fees to/from the airports are about to be adopted by the city of Paris for all taxis. The talk is about fares at 50 from the Right Bank to CDG; 55 from the Left Bank to CDG.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
IMO I like LeCab better than Uber as they don't have the surges.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
From CDG or ORY, buses can also be an option depending on the destination.
Orlybus charges 7.5 for one way, dropping people off at denfert Rochereau, and I think Air france buses operate from CDG.

Based on my experience, taxis in Paris are as bad as their counterparts in Thailand or Morocco. Uber is fine, and prices more reasonable
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:59 pm

Uber Paris

Has anyone use Uber Paris before? I get confused, as I know, in Paris passengers have to take taxi in taxi stands, how about Uber Paris then? Where will Uber Paris pick us up?? certain location to pick or we can set the location anywhere?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:00 am

Uber Pop service has been withdrawn within France. Uber X continues as a private car service but prices are similar to those of taxis with the exception of Uber's surge pricing which often makes Uber X more expensive than taxis.

Parisien Taxis are available from taxi stands, but you can hail a taxi from the street if the its green available light on the top of the car is illuminated. There are also taxi apps you can use just like the Uber app.

From the airports, trying to agree upon a pickup location using Uber can be problematic. It's much easier to take an official taxi from the queue or take the bus (Roissybus or Air France bus) or the train.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I will be arriving to CDG Terminal 2A the middle of next week around 11 AM, and would prefer to take Uber to my office as it's easier to input a destination and simpler for my company's finance drones to process the reimbursements. I checked today around that time and saw plenty of UberX vehicles around the area–will it be a problem to catch an Uber in front of the terminal in the passenger loading area?

I've not had problems with Uber in Paris before, though I've never used one at the airport. Usually they don't call to arrange a special location as I've got a UK-based Uber account, which means it would be an international call for the driver to ring me. I usually just take special care to drop the pin in the correct place and it "just works", and I want to check that it will be as painless with a CDG pickup. TIA!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:25 am

I do not recommend using uber for an airport pickup. The big problem is meeting up with the driver. Cars are not allowed to linger in front of the terminals.

I either use taxis or a special service such as Navendis:

www.navendis.com
Old Sep 20, 2015, 11:46 am

I do not recommend using uber for an airport pickup. The big problem is meeting up with the driver. Cars are not allowed to linger in front of the terminals.

I either use taxis or a special service such as Navendis:

www.navendis.com
Looked Navendis. Seems like its half the cost of a taxi. Are they nice cars and do they pick you up curbside or do they wait for you acter customs?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:37 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Uber Pop service has been withdrawn within France. Uber X continues as a private car service but prices are similar to those of taxis with the exception of Uber's surge pricing which often makes Uber X more expensive than taxis.
The Conseil constitutionnel (the highest body in France that interprets the French Constitution) has just issued a decision in a case brought by Uber challenging the constitutionality of the Thvenoud law banning any services which connect potential fee-paying clients with drivers who do not have a taxi or 'VTC' (private hire) licence (in effect, Uber X drivers). The Conseil constitutionnel rejected Uber's argument that the law violated the constitutional principle of entrepreneurial freedom ("la libert d'entreprendre"). The Conseil constitutionnel also stated that the penalty (up to 2 years' imprisonment and a fine of EUR 300,000) for violating the law was not manifestly disproportionate.

Note that, according to the provisions of the Thvenoud law, carpooling is permitted (as long as the driver does not make a profit from the journey, and the passenger only contributes towards the expenses of operating the vehicle).

The decision is available in full at http://www.conseil-constitutionnel.f...15.144387.html
Old Nov 7, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
We used Uber to and from CDG and within Paris last week....just terrific.. a flat 50 euro to or from CDG from left bank, and cheaper than calling a taxi as they usually arrive with 5 or 6 euro already on the meter because they turn it on when you call. Our only hitch was meeting driver at CDG. The app said Door 2 on Arrivals level...he wasn't there, but another Uber driver turned up on foot to fetch his clients and took us up to the departure level where our driver was. Cars were super clean with water bottles. High end sedans including a couple of mercedes.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 4:48 pm

I found it amazing how it costed 48 Euros to get from the airport to the Hotel I stayed at. And the return was 72 Euros. I did call an taxi so the meter was started an bit early but not that big of an diff.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
I found it amazing how it costed 48 Euros to get from the airport to the Hotel I stayed at. And the return was 72 Euros. I did call an taxi so the meter was started an bit early but not that big of an diff.
we had a huge amount of traffic going into Paris during morning rush, I'm sure a taxi would have been at least 75 euro to the left bank.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by hughw
we had a huge amount of traffic going into Paris during morning rush, I'm sure a taxi would have been at least 75 euro to the left bank.
I was stuck in traffic going to the hotel but since I had an 7am flight, there was NO traffic on the way to the airport.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by hughw
I'm sure a taxi would have been at least 75 euro to the left bank.
Im sure that you are mistaken. I live on the Left Bank and I have never paid 75€ for a taxi to CDG. However, as previously stated, a friend recently paid Uber 80€ from our apartment to CDG.

Taxis dont have surge pricing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.