Michelin 3* restaurants in Paris

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Michelin 3* restaurants in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by lalala
We opt for 2 and 3 star resto lunches. Much better value and we spend the afternoon walking off our wine.
Yes very good alternative. You'll have a hard time to spend more than euro 100 for a full lunch menu (food only... Wine is extra but the nap is free) and you''ll l still have a very nice time.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: FSPP, Virtuoso, Belmond Bellini Club, STARS, Hyatt Privé, Peninsula PenClub, etc.
Finally had a chance to try Le Bristol. Fantastic service throughout most of the meal, although less so at the end. Superb savory kugelhopf and other breads, as well as amuse bouche and desserts. But overall, the appetizer and entree were much less impressive to us than at Le Cinq.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by TravelConcierge
Finally had a chance to try Le Bristol. Fantastic service throughout most of the meal, although less so at the end. Superb savory kugelhopf and other breads, as well as amuse bouche and desserts. But overall, the appetizer and entree were much less impressive to us than at Le Cinq.
May I ask you what dishes you had at Epicure ? Was it the lunch menu ? degustation menu ?

I believe I need to go back to Le Cinq. So many people rave about this place that maybe I missed something . If I'm unhappy again, I'll ask the check to be sent to FT
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Am not sure if the Epicure serves lunch. I need to ask next time. But I love eating in the beautiful garden.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Am not sure if the Epicure serves lunch. I need to ask next time. But I love eating in the beautiful garden.
Yes and the circa euro 120 lunch menu is availble 7 days week.
I have to admit that the a la carte dishes are much better that the lunch menu.
Jackets are not required in the garden, maybe because it was a hot day.

By the way, the garden hosts 2 restaurants, Epicure and a more "standard" restaurant which is still very good.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by cedricgerald
Yes and the circa euro 120 lunch menu is availble 7 days week.
I have to admit that the a la carte dishes are much better that the lunch menu.
Jackets are not required in the garden, maybe because it was a hot day.

By the way, the garden hosts 2 restaurants, Epicure and a more "standard" restaurant which is still very good.
I was told that the lunch menu is smaller and cheaper than the dinner one.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:24 am

Epicure - Bristol

Had a lunch at Epicure last week end with my wife and our almost 3 years old daughter.

This probably one of the only place where I have never been desapointed despite numerous visits and always feel that it was money well spent.

If the food will be horrible, I'd still come back for the service
If the service would be horrible, I'd still come back for the food
Thanksfully both the service and food are to die for.

I like to overheard some private conversation between staff, (this is a way to know how "fake" they're) and even between them they're very good.
The staff is truly made of sincere great people.

They really now how to make you feel important and also confortable. I'd love to know what kind of training they're going through

They don't nickel and dime and are very generous (my daughter food was again complimentary)

Anyway, if the world explose tomorrow, could you please save my Epicure
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: SPG Plat,United Plat,Avis First
I'm planning for a trip to Paris this summer and am really interested in dinning at Epicure.

Am curious how far in advance do people normally make reservations for lunch/dinner?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Sakurachan
I'm planning for a trip to Paris this summer and am really interested in dinning at Epicure.

Am curious how far in advance do people normally make reservations for lunch/dinner?
I'll say 2 weeks for dinner and maybe 4 / 5 days for lunch.
if you have access to amex fine dining I'll say only one week for dinner and 2 days for lunch
Old Sep 6, 2014, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Laperouse did a fantastic wedding dinner for us. it's very much classic Food bistro fare and very well done. Portions are generous and uses only quality ingredients.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1k, MR Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
L'Arpege

Went to L'Arpege a few days ago for dinner. It was stupidly expensive, but I knew that going into it. The two of us had the two different tasting menus - one vegetarian, one with fish/meat, with wine pairings and champagne to start.

Likely the best meal of my life. And phenomenal that it can be shared with a vegetarian.

Very comfortable restaurant, very good service.

One complaint - and I'm curious as to your opinions on this:

The table next to ours was a group of 4, primarily British. They were extremely loud, obviously insanely wealthy (based on the conversations that we couldn't help but overhear), and, predictably, boorish (making jokes regarding genocide, for example). Fine, so be it, the restaurant can't control for personalities. They did, however, proceed to watch a loud video on a cellphone (I think a base jump or some sort of skydiving, perhaps)... repeatedly. Basically a video of someone yelling. Over. And over. And over. And the restaurant did nothing.

Obviously, that distracted and detracted from the experience.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by coORDinates
Went to L'Arpege a few days ago for dinner. It was stupidly expensive, but I knew that going into it. The two of us had the two different tasting menus - one vegetarian, one with fish/meat, with wine pairings and champagne to start.

Likely the best meal of my life. And phenomenal that it can be shared with a vegetarian.

Very comfortable restaurant, very good service.

One complaint - and I'm curious as to your opinions on this:

The table next to ours was a group of 4, primarily British. They were extremely loud, obviously insanely wealthy (based on the conversations that we couldn't help but overhear), and, predictably, boorish (making jokes regarding genocide, for example). Fine, so be it, the restaurant can't control for personalities. They did, however, proceed to watch a loud video on a cellphone (I think a base jump or some sort of skydiving, perhaps)... repeatedly. Basically a video of someone yelling. Over. And over. And over. And the restaurant did nothing.

Glad that you enjoyed the food.

Seems that the staff didn't apologies to you nor to other guests ?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Originally Posted by coORDinates
One good thing about the French, they are rarely loud and boisterous in restaurants.

If you didn´t mention anything to the staff, you should have. I would have mentioned the noise, perhaps that you were surprised by it, or that it distracted from an otherwise excellent evening.

Staff´s response would have been interesting to hear.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

we were dining in a small restaurant out in the countryside of france on a christmas eve. a couple had brought their au pair and the two kids with them. the kids were wild and very noisy. we complained. the owner and wife, apologized and took us into the kitchen where we were treated to a "chef's" table for the meal.

most better dining establishments are prepared to serve customers when someone gets out of hand.

Last edited by slawecki; Oct 2, 2014 at 7:13 am
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cedricgerald
If the food will be horrible, I'd still come back for the service
If the service would be horrible, I'd still come back for the food
Thanksfully both the service and food are to die for.
Why on earth would anyone pay extremely high prices to be superbly served horrible food?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.