Wiki Posts
Search

Getting from CDG to Paris Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: Delta + United Airmiles
Originally Posted by uds0
Options:

17 euro (online/machine/onboard price may vary a bit; hour+; very traffic affected) + likely 1.4 euro metro/bus ticket from drop-off point.

http://boutique.lescarsairfrance.com....php?id_lang=2

vs 10 euro (lots of pick pockets and chip+pin card required for ticket machine or add an hour or more for ticket line!) for RER (30 min)

http://www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/r_61854/rer-b/

vs 2.8 euro (via carnet 10 pack or 3.6 for 2 single t+ tkts) [nice] CIF bus #93 from terminal 3 (30 min; min traffic affected) to Bobigny – Pablo Picasso M5 then (25 min) to city center/Gare du Nord (easy!)

http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2013/...e-visitor.html

From Orly there is the 2013 completed T7 Tram line to the end of M7 Villejuif - also only 2 t+ tickets to most anywhere in Paris - very relaxing compared to 12 euro Orlyval and (likely) ticket line delays if not chip card! It's a bit of a stroll (inside) to t7 boarding area but no (or maybe one set of) stairs. about 1h20m (2x as long as Orlyval)?

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/en/pa...ort/tramway-t7
updated link for bus 93 (hourly or half hourly during afternoon rush hour):
http://www.keolis-cif.com/se-deplace...ajet/horaires/

enter from 93 "par ligne" to Bobigny "par commune", then click on Consulter ... for timetable or Plan de la ligne for route map (will be downloaded as PDF).

Last edited by uds0; Jul 4, 2015 at 5:24 pm
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:43 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by JackInThePlane
Furthermore, Chatelet Les Halles is not the best part of town. You are putting yourself at more risk of getting lost or putting yourself in front of thieves and gyspies.
I was reading this thread and this quote caught my attention. I'll be arriving to CDG from Ámsterdam in april, landing at 19:00. Contrary to McNandez, I'm enough expert in trains and airports, so I'm pretty sure I'll take the RER. My hotel is 500 mt. from Chatelet Les Halles, then I'll obviously walk from the station to the hotel. Considering baggage claim times and the ride, probably I'll be walking to Rue Rivoli around 9pm, 9:30pm; sunset is 8.46pm in april, so no daylight. Will it be that dangerous to walk with my baggages along the streets?

Same as the return, I'll be catching the train at CDG no later than 7am on a weekday, just at dawn.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Originally Posted by Villavic
I'll be walking to Rue Rivoli around 9pm, 9:30pm; sunset is 8.46pm in april, so no daylight. Will it be that dangerous to walk with my baggages along the streets?

Same as the return, I'll be catching the train at CDG no later than 7am on a weekday, just at dawn.
I see no particular risk.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
I was reading this thread and this quote caught my attention. I'll be arriving to CDG from Ámsterdam in april, landing at 19:00. Contrary to McNandez, I'm enough expert in trains and airports, so I'm pretty sure I'll take the RER. My hotel is 500 mt. from Chatelet Les Halles, then I'll obviously walk from the station to the hotel. Considering baggage claim times and the ride, probably I'll be walking to Rue Rivoli around 9pm, 9:30pm; sunset is 8.46pm in april, so no daylight. Will it be that dangerous to walk with my baggages along the streets?

This is Paris..... no danger at all. The only danger is stepping on dog poo, (but you won't find it in the Chatelet area) or a drunk or 2.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold

I see little risk. Chatelet Les Halles is going through renovation, and it is one of the ugliest metro stations on the planet. It can look a little seedy at times, and it is VERY crowded, as it is the main hub for the RER out to the burbs. But just take normal precautions and don't look too much like a tourist.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Not at all risky, but be prepared that Châtelet is vast - prepare yourself with a map and try to make sure you select an exit close to your destination. You may well get lost underground, if you do then just take the nearest exit and orientate yourself outside.

Rue de Rivoli in that part of the city can be very crowded during the day which would make it annoying with luggage, but you'll be ok at the times you talk about. It has wide footpaths that are well maintained, and so good for manoeuvring your belongings.

I would rate any danger to your personal safety as almost zero in that area, or anywhere in Paris for that matter.

Last edited by BadgerBoi; Mar 20, 2016 at 8:56 pm
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Getting from CDG to Paris Hotel

I personally don't like Chatelet and try to avoid it because the risk that one gets.... Is being lost in all those mazes.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:00 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Yup, Chatelet Les Halles (which, to be clear, is the RER station that links both Chatelet and Les Halles metro stations, the former of which is already labyrinthine enough) is not only something of an underground maze, but the principal exits lead out to le Forum des Halles, an underground shopping centre that is also something of an underground maze. To top it all off, it's undergoing renovation so a carefully planned route may not even be feasible...

In terms of safety, it's absolutely fine (although, as noted, the appearance of the station is far from chocolate box Paris).

Basically, unless the new direct access to the surface via lift has opened (anyone know?) be prepared for the fact that you may surface in a complete different location to the one you may have expected - whether it's "Porte Lescot", "Porte Rambuteau" or wherever! A downloaded map with GPS enabled can be your friend in such a circumstance...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.