Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Watch The Speedometer In France

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2015, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
Where are you entering Schengen? CDG? I've not heard of France tying the speeding tickets to a passport name, but I know the Netherlands does that. If you have a Dutch unpaid ticket and you try to pass through immigration at AMS you will be pulled aside and forced to pay the fine. It's possible France has set this up, but also possible that they haven't.
Never heard about such things in France. Question about NL/AMS : how can they make the link between a ticket and a passport holder ?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Never heard about such things in France. Question about NL/AMS : how can they make the link between a ticket and a passport holder ?
It's just based on the name they get from the rental company and if the date corresponds with their entry database and certain other criteria. They know it isn't 100% correct so when they first pull you in for questioning, they determine if it is really you who was driving that day.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by antignos
I got a speeding ticket in France in Oct 2014 and never paid it like I should have. Heading back in a week or so and wondering what troubles if any I might have? I'd prefer to not have any moral answers on what is the right and wrong thing to do, but instead some concrete advice if anyone has had the same situation in the past? I even tried to go online and pay it, but since it's sold old it won't let me pay it.

Thanks in advance
Don't worry, you'll be fine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.