Reload this Page >

3* Paris restaurants serving lunch?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3* Paris restaurants serving lunch?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Smile Julies Vern--A VIP Experience worth the $$$$

Julies Verne at the Eiffel Tower: Outstanding three course lunch (with great view) for two, 300 Euro, which included the wonderful ride up the private elevator!

Truly a VIP experience I will remember for a long time and the ability afterword to step outside and take it all in!! All I can say, is WOW!!

http://www.lejulesverne-paris.com/en
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
Julies Verne at the Eiffel Tower: Outstanding three course lunch (with great view) for two, 300 Euro, which included the wonderful ride up the private elevator!

Truly a VIP experience I will remember for a long time and the ability afterword to step outside and take it all in!! All I can say, is WOW!!

http://www.lejulesverne-paris.com/en
Jules Verne is not a three star resto. Frankly even compared to some of its one star peers, I reckon it's a bit meh. Yer just paying for the view which grows old for me after a couple of trips up the tower.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by rfrost
I believe most of those restaurants do not serve lunch on weekends.

Except for l'Astrance and le Pre Catalan, I've had lunch at all of them at some point. Gagnaire was my favorite (unlike one of the posters above, I much prefer the Paris venue to Sketch), but I don't think it is open for lunch on weekends in any case. The room at the Meurice is very beautiful, but I preferred my meal at the Bristol (which I'm not sure will be open). The setting of Pre Catalan (which might be open?) should be great if the day is sunny, though I believe you would need to take a taxi.
I reckon Le Pre Catalan is actually quite walkable through Bois de Boulogne for any able-bodied mobile person on a decent (not wet) day, even a pleasant experience on a good day, to/from Porte Dauphine metro station. Need google maps and a bit of dead reckoning to navigate but not a problem.
Not sure I'd do it at night and even in the day, you'd see one or two of those "wouldn't touch 'em with yours" streetwalkers - but that's Bois de Boulogne for you.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:10 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Pierre Gagnaire was 105 euros for lunch 3 or 4 years ago. I prefer Gagnaire's Sketch restaurant in London to the flagship in Paris. We were treated beautifully, but the food was very edgy and sometimes puzzling.

Astrance was 70 euros 2 years ago. Astrance's food was very accessible. They call it a 3 course lunch, but actually there are 12 or so dishes that comprise the 3 courses. Astrance staff cheerfully substituted a dish or two for me when there was something that I truly would not eat. There is a casual comfort when having lunch here.

I've also eaten at Le Meurice where the service is almost a ballet. It was fascinating to watch the waiters surround the diners and present dishes or whisk domes off simultaneously. There was a great grace to it. The food was good but not as amazing as the other two I've just named. The dining room is grand, and great for people watching.
Thanks for the information!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.