Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris CDG hotel for 21 hour layover

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Paris CDG hotel for 21 hour layover

I have a 21 hour layover on a skymiles award ticket while transiting through Paris , and am looking for a hotel, not very expensive, but which is near to the airport, and has free shuttle to airport. I am also looking for a quick trip to Paris so a hotel near to local train station would also be helpful. I am new to Paris and although I have transited through CDG many times, never left the airport. Anybody who have stayed in an airport hotel or near the airport in Paris, could you pls provide suggestions.
Any advise/suggestions is appreciated.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:55 pm

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
I loved the Sheraton:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=125

It's connected to T2.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: CO PLT, DL GM, Hertz President Circle, SPG Platinum
Paris Hotel

I had a similar situation earlier this year with a 21 hour layover.

We chose to head into town (train) and stayed at Hotel Cadran (99E). I started a post with a lengthy list of quality Paris hotels under 99E as there were several to consider. Hotel Cadran was on a nice side street near Eiffel and would definately go back, if that helps.

Go into town . . . easy via train and a MUST do!
Old Sep 19, 2011, 5:03 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT France Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
Old Sep 19, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by phundoo
I have a 21 hour layover on a skymiles award ticket while transiting through Paris , and am looking for a hotel, not very expensive, but which is near to the airport, and has free shuttle to airport. I am also looking for a quick trip to Paris so a hotel near to local train station would also be helpful. I am new to Paris and although I have transited through CDG many times, never left the airport. Anybody who have stayed in an airport hotel or near the airport in Paris, could you pls provide suggestions.
Any advise/suggestions is appreciated.
We had a similar trip back in May, landing at CDG at 11:30 am, and flying out the following morning.

For a party of 4, it would've cost at least 200 euros plus tax to stay in Paris. Decided to stay at CDG, tried Priceline a week before the trip, and got the (4-star class) Marriott for $75 USD for 1 room w/ 2 doubles. Very nice hotel and we fit comfortably in the room.

Free shared airport shuttle to the hotel. The taxis to/from Paris cost a bit more than the suburban train/Metro combo, but were very convenient and much faster since we had limited time.

Good luck.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
We had a similar layover. Do NOT limit yourself to the airport. Check out the AirFrance Bus into Paris. It's cheap and simple and centrally located and you can then enjoy Paris for the night.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:25 am

Don't stay at CDG if your flight out is after 11 am. It's not about the money, which if you plan carefully is not that different), it's about seeing a magical city for an evening.

Staying at CDG rather than In Paris is like staying at Newark rather than New York City, except there's more to do at CDG than EWR.

And I would read up on using Priceline at CDG as there have been reports of at least one "airport" hotel in the CDG region that doesn't have shuttles to the airport and is a long cab ride away.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Don't stay at CDG if your flight out is after 11 am. It's not about the money, which if you plan carefully is not that different), it's about seeing a magical city for an evening.

Staying at CDG rather than In Paris is like staying at Newark rather than New York City, except there's more to do at CDG than EWR.

And I would read up on using Priceline at CDG as there have been reports of at least one "airport" hotel in the CDG region that doesn't have shuttles to the airport and is a long cab ride away.
Thanks for all the suggestions above. Now, what is the best way to take a tour of Paris to Eiffel tower, and back ? Is train or bus the best way, and if yes,what train or bus (from the CDG TGV station) would be best , and how much does it cost.
TIA again.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:55 am

Thanks for all the suggestions above. Now, what is the best way to take a tour of Paris to Eiffel tower, and back ? Is train or bus the best way, and if yes,what train or bus (from the CDG TGV station) would be best , and how much does it cost.
TIA again.
First, I meant to say that there's more to do at EWR than at CDG.

There are many, many posts in the France forum on the 4 major ways to get into the city from CDG (Air France bus, Roissybus, RER B train, cab). Do a search, read up and come back with some detailed questions.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 1:14 pm

... and am looking for a hotel, not very expensive, ...
Originally Posted by nytraveller53
I loved the Sheraton:
I don't think the Sheraton CDG qualifies... It's consistently one of the most expensive places at CDG.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2 Mill - SPG Gold
Air France Bus

The Air France Bus will drop you off at the Arc de Triomphe, and is less than 30 Euros if you buy a R/T.
Hotwire has some good Paris city hotel deals, if you're not comfortable with bidding on Priceline.
If you decide to stay near the airport, Hotwire and Priceline are consistently the lowest priced.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jilz
The Air France Bus will drop you off at the Arc de Triomphe, and is less than 30 Euros if you buy a R/T.
Hotwire has some good Paris city hotel deals, if you're not comfortable with bidding on Priceline.
If you decide to stay near the airport, Hotwire and Priceline are consistently the lowest priced.
I would do a lot of research and be careful in using Priceline at CDG. One 3* Hotel was reported to be a long way from the airport anD offered no shuttle, and the resulting cab cost far outweighed the perceived "savings". I don't know about Hotwire.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2 Mill - SPG Gold
On Hotwire, its a bit easier to identify the hotel, and it shows icons for hotel features, so you will see an icon for a shuttle if provided. By cross referencing on betterbidding.com, you can have a pretty good idea of the hotel and 4* tend to be fairly reasonable.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by idriveuride
We chose to head into town (train) and stayed at Hotel Cadran (99E). I started a post with a lengthy list of quality Paris hotels under 99E as there were several to consider. (...) Go into town . . . easy via train and a MUST do!
I agree, stay in the center especially that you would want to go in anyhow. The RER is really convenient if you don't have too much stuff to carry. And yes, there are quite a few good hotels around 100 euros. Hotel Meslay Republique is one, in the 3d district (Marais-Republique).
http://paris-hotel-meslay.com/
Another, conveniently located at Gare du Nord, is Hotel Parisiana:
http://hotelparisiana.com/
Old Oct 5, 2011, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
You can hotwire Sheraton CDG or Hilton CDG for $100 which is a steal. I'd do that, than take the RER into town for the day and night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.