Wiki Posts
Search

Is my RER tkt from CDG valid on Metro-

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2011, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Is my RER tkt from CDG valid on Metro-

I will need to transfer to the metro line 2 to get to our hotel. Can I use the rer tkt from CDG to Chat. Les Halles and them transfer to the number 2 metro line on the same ticket?

Merci
Old Aug 22, 2011, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Yes you can. Just keep it handy as you will need to use it during the change to Line 2.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
I will need to transfer to the metro line 2 to get to our hotel. Can I use the rer tkt from CDG to Chat. Les Halles and them transfer to the number 2 metro line on the same ticket?

Merci
Your RER ticket is good to any stop in the Paris Metro system (central Paris only) provided you don't exit the Metro system. You will have to exit the RER system to get to the Metro-you can tell the difference because to exit the RER system you put your ticket in the turnstyle; to exit the Metro system, you do not.

However, you can't transfer to the #2 line at Chatelet. Where are you trying to get to?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Your RER ticket is good to any stop in the Paris Metro system (central Paris only) provided you don't exit the Metro system.
The "central Paris only" disclaimer is not needed for RER transfers to the Paris Metro. All Metro stops are in the same fare zone, unlike the RER.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:35 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
The "central Paris only" disclaimer is not needed for RER transfers to the Paris Metro. All Metro stops are in the same fare zone, unlike the RER.
+1
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Your RER ticket is good to any stop in the Paris Metro system (central Paris only) provided you don't exit the Metro system. You will have to exit the RER system to get to the Metro-you can tell the difference because to exit the RER system you put your ticket in the turnstyle; to exit the Metro system, you do not.

However, you can't transfer to the #2 line at Chatelet. Where are you trying to get to?
Sorry. My mistake, Line 2 was the last part of it. I need to go RER B to RER A to line 2.

Thanks to all for the info. Looking forward to my trip. Its for our 25th anniversary.

Cheers
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:35 am

B->A->2 is a lot of transfers, are you sure you don't want to take one of the buses in and then just transfer once to the Metro, or possibly not at all, depending on where your hotel is? This is one of those things where it is useful to give more details, as Mountain Trader asked.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wcj1
B->A->2 is a lot of transfers, are you sure you don't want to take one of the buses in and then just transfer once to the Metro, or possibly not at all, depending on where your hotel is? This is one of those things where it is useful to give more details, as Mountain Trader asked.
Our hotel is the Hilton arc d'triomphe. Ws will only have carry on. I thought that with traffic in the am that the rer/metro would actually be faster.

I guess I will look at the AF bus or a shuttle service. Any suggestions to which you prefer?

Cheers
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 2P, DL, FL A+ Elite, AA
AF bus goes direct to Etoile. It's only a few blocks to your hotel.

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...-france.htm#a1
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:10 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
A few years ago I arrived in CDG on a Sunday, they were selling for 0.50EU an RER ticket to Gare Du Nord (only), it did not allow a connection to the Metro.
Another time, also on a Sunday, there were NO RER gate controls at CDG or GduN.
[Railpasses allow one to go from CDG to GduN, using a special ticket--this does NOT allow connections to the Metro (under different ownership).]
Old Aug 23, 2011, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
Our hotel is the Hilton arc d'triomphe. Ws will only have carry on. I thought that with traffic in the am that the rer/metro would actually be faster.

I guess I will look at the AF bus or a shuttle service. Any suggestions to which you prefer?

Cheers
You're correct in thinking that morning traffic may slow down that AF bus, except on weekends. But whatever the delay, it and the higher cost are way more than offset by the convenience of the AF bus going to the Arc in 2 stops.

That Hilton is not really at the Arch, but an easy 15-20 minute walk away, much of it downhill. I'd bring a small umbrella in case of rain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.