Community
Wiki Posts
Search

advice on getting around paris

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2016, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

advice on getting around paris

we are going to be in paris for 3 days , see I can buy a book of 10 tickets to get around paris , can I get to Palace of Versailles with these tickets or do I have to buy diff ticket to get there and can I buy these book of tickets at Eurostar station when we get to paris .
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
I assume you are referring to a carnet of metro tickets. These are good for zones 1-2 only. You will need to buy a separate ticket for zones 1-4 to go from Paris to Versailles on the RER C.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 11:29 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
The métro ticket, also known at the ticket t+, is valid anywhere the métro goes, regardless of zone. It is also valid on the bus, tramway, and funicular. The ticket t+ may only be used on the RER for travel within the few station located in Paris or zone 1.

An individual ticket t+ costs 1.80€ but if purchased in groups of 10, the cost is 14.10€.

Going to Versailles requires a special ticket at 3.55€.

You may purchase any of these tickets upon your arrival at Gard du Nord, the Eurostar arrival point in Paris.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
I assume you are referring to a carnet of metro tickets. These are good for zones 1-2 only. You will need to buy a separate ticket for zones 1-4 to go from Paris to Versailles on the RER C.
Actually it changed they are valid for 1-5 metro and rer.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:54 am
Original Poster

ok tks for info
Old Mar 29, 2016, 3:44 am

Tamino's information is correct. The tickets-t are still only good for the RER within Paris.

http://www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/r_61656/t-ticket/

I think you can buy a carnet on the Eurostar in the bar car or at St Pancras. There may be a surcharge but it would save you the lines at Gare du Nord.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Actually it changed they are valid for 1-5 metro and rer.
What has changed is the price for the zone 1-5 Navigo fare which is now 21.25€. The new zone 1-5 fare is about the same price as the old zone 1-2 fare.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I bought a carnet of normal metro tickets as well as a carnet of tickets valid to CDG airport about 5 years ago. I still have half the unused tickets and was given to understand that these tickets never lose their validity. Is that still the case?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:06 am

If you have unused tickets t or tickets t+, they are valid indefinitely. If any become demagnetized, they may be exchanged for new tickets at any service window.

Same for destination specific tickets such as those valid from CDG into Paris.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. It worked like a dream, made it straight on to the RER B with 30 seconds to spare, nonstop all the way to Gare du Nord. There, changed onto the no. 5 for the single stop to Gare de l'Est. All in all, made it from aircraft to hotel in 40 minutes flat, pretty good going I thought.

The Gare du Nord is as insalubrious as ever in the metro parts, really not a place to linger.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, posted in wrong forum and thread (about the strike on 31st March)

Last edited by Concerto; Mar 31, 2016 at 6:03 am Reason: wrong thread posting
Old Mar 31, 2016, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Sorry, posted in wrong forum and thread (about the strike on 31st March)
Congratulations. If you did that today you were very lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.