Angers and Quimper [Ground transportation from/to airports?]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

I'm travelling *into* Angers-Loire and *out of* Quimper-Cornouaille in early September. (Yes these are BA destinations, albeit very obscure!)

Does anyone have any useful info about ground transportation at these airports? The websites for both airports are contradicted by what few "customer reviews" I can find online. A bus to or from the city centre would be ideal.

I'm not too bothered about the airport facilities, no lounges etc - both are mainly general aviation airfields anyway.

TIA.
Old May 30, 2015, 1:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
This thread was originally posted in the BA forum, however, as it is not specific to BA or BAEC, it has been moved to France forum so that it those who do not frequent the BA forum may spot this thread and be able to help the OP.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
Old May 30, 2015, 2:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Quimper has an hourly bus service from it to the town centre. From the arport goes around the industrial zone, one village and then into Quimper itself, a reasonable route. Driver takes cash (€1.20 or thereabouts). The BA arrival is poorly timed, it generally arrives early and just misses the hourly bus. The departure is better timed, you can safely arrive at the airport 30 minutes before departure.

http://www.qub.fr/fileadmin/Sites/QU...gne25-WEB3.pdf

(PDF download. Use the times from Kerangwenn)

Angers is as far as I can make out a taxi job in practical terms, and it's quite some way from both Angers and Le Mans. There is an irregular bus service between Angers and Noyant however:

http://www.voyageur.anjoubus.fr/no_c...chash=3b83073a

(PDF download. Use the times from Marcé).

The thread moving aspect is interesting, I wouldn't have spotted this in the France forum.....

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; May 30, 2015 at 2:31 am Reason: typo
Old May 30, 2015, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

Thanks, that's helpful. I try to avoid taxis but it does look like Angers is a taxi job as you say.

I only posted in the BA forum as BA are just about the only airlines that fly into these places. Perhaps we'll see every single moan about LHR T1/3/5 shunted into the UK forum?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by paul4040
Thanks, that's helpful. I try to avoid taxis but it does look like Angers is a taxi job as you say.

I only posted in the BA forum as BA are just about the only airlines that fly into these places. Perhaps we'll see every single moan about LHR T1/3/5 shunted into the UK forum?
Or instead of a taxi job, a one-way rental should do too

Hitchhiking is also doable, I did it in Poitiers with the OH (6-months pregnant at the time) as there were no cabs available due to strike...20 min wait before someone passing by our destination picked us up
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by paul4040
I only posted in the BA forum as BA are just about the only airlines that fly into these places
No, AF files to UIP also (from ORY).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.