Roissybus vs. Les Cars Air France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Location: NYC (formative years spent wandering around ORD, hence the name)
Programs: NO STATUS WHATSOEVER!

Given that I'm going to T1, I'll have heavy bags, and the RER B is doing all sorts of new and interesting things this weekend, I think I will finally opt for the bus.

Opera and Gare de Lyon are almost equally convenient/inconvenient pick-up locations for me - is there any reason to prefer Roissybus or LCAF No. 4?

EDIT: This will be around 8 am on a Saturday. I assume there is no significant difference in traffic.

Last edited by O'Hare Terminal 4; Jul 16, 2012 at 6:52 am Reason: additional info added
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:04 am
iff

If it were me, for only 5.5€ difference between them, I'd opt for Les Cars Air France to avoid having to schlep heavy bags onto the bus. The Roissybus is fine if you're traveling light, but basically it's a regular city bus with a couple of luggage rack spaces added. When boarding it I've usually had to navigate around people standing and/or leaving their bags in the aisles--not easy to do if you're encumbered with luggage. The Air France bus is a touring coach-style bus, where they load your bags underneath and you get to enjoy a nice cushy seat for your ride (and it has air conditioning, though that won't be an issue this weekend!).
Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Perfect - thanks. LCAF4 it is.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
on a Saturday morning there is virtually no traffic to the airport and a taxi to CDG will run 45-50 euros which is 50-60 US$ at the current great exchange rate.
Just throwing it out there if you are carrying "heavy bags" as you say.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by iff
If it were me, for only 5.5€ difference between them, I'd opt for Les Cars Air France to avoid having to schlep heavy bags onto the bus. The Roissybus is fine if you're traveling light, but basically it's a regular city bus with a couple of luggage rack spaces added. When boarding it I've usually had to navigate around people standing and/or leaving their bags in the aisles--not easy to do if you're encumbered with luggage. The Air France bus is a touring coach-style bus, where they load your bags underneath and you get to enjoy a nice cushy seat for your ride (and it has air conditioning, though that won't be an issue this weekend!).
+1 for les cars air france, however note the pitch is really small...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by keisari
on a Saturday morning there is virtually no traffic to the airport and a taxi to CDG will run 45-50 euros which is 50-60 US$ at the current great exchange rate.
Just throwing it out there if you are carrying "heavy bags" as you say.
Even though traffic will be lighter it does take some time on LC4 to get to CDG as the bus travels through Paris from Montparnasse to Gare de Lyon. If you have an 8 am flight the 6 am bus will be cutting it close.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Nugget_Oz
Even though traffic will be lighter it does take some time on LC4 to get to CDG as the bus travels through Paris from Montparnasse to Gare de Lyon. If you have an 8 am flight the 6 am bus will be cutting it close.
I meant to say that if he takes a taxi early on Saturday the OP will most likely not have any traffic along the way and therefore the fare is less expensive.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nugget_Oz
No worries, as I'll be boarding at Gare de Lyon. 8 am is the travel time rather than target arrival - I'm sure if I take the 7:45 I will be fine for an 11 am departure from T1.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 6:58 am
Original Poster

By the way -- given that tomorrow will be one of the busier travel days of the year -- is there ever a problem with LCAF No. 4 filling to capacity in Montparnasse and thus being unable to accept passengers at Gare de Lyon?

Granted, I plan to arrive early enough that if necessary, I could still take the RER (even with the underground-to-surface transfer at Gare du Nord this weekend).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.