Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris Digest: all you need to know

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Now updated most recent threads
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Merci nicolas75 for compiling all the threads. Excellent work ^
Old Mar 13, 2013, 6:08 pm

Thank you!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:32 am

^a wealth of information here, thanks OP for putting this all together!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Wow. Amazing work this one. I am first time here to look for some answers for upcoming trip in Paris and I should respect the grear work of OP by not asking those "the lazy way" but instead shuffle through the sticky!

Huge thanks beforehand, I am sure I will find more than I was looking for!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:57 am

I'll be spending some time in this digest to prepare for next fall as I am going on pilgrimage to France with some time for non religious site sightseeing too. Thank you for putting it together (or I should say Merci Beaucoup!)
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:48 pm

This is going to be extremely useful on my upcoming trip.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham
Very helpful thread that I will comb through in the next few months.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Much of the linked information is woefully out of date and of limited value. Posts on taxis, short term apartments, public transportation, and even a number of restaurants have change dramatically.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: no status
Originally Posted by Tamino
Much of the linked information is woefully out of date and of limited value. Posts on taxis, short term apartments, public transportation, and even a number of restaurants have change dramatically.
We will be visiting Paris at the end of May so I thought I come here to get some ideas as I have never visited the city. It's too bad that this thread has fallen out of updates. First of all, I am wondering about how many days I should allocate to Paris to at least see the most important spots and get a good first impression. Our travel schedule is quite flexible.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Merlin666
We will be visiting Paris at the end of May so I thought I come here to get some ideas as I have never visited the city. It's too bad that this thread has fallen out of updates. First of all, I am wondering about how many days I should allocate to Paris to at least see the most important spots and get a good first impression. Our travel schedule is quite flexible.
This is very hard to answer that kind of question as it depends on your centers of interest and how you like to travel. If you are not in a rush, I would say one week. May is a very pleasant time usually.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 2:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Silver
A huge amount of information on this old thread has expired. Is it pertinent to keep it as a sticky?
sushanna1 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 7:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
I heard about this website on the local news. It is called WikiVoyage.org. Then you plug in the city you want to visit. Lots of good information on Paris.
https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Paris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.