Search

Please support my Walk to End Alzheimer's 8 Oct 2016

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2016, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Please support my Walk to End Alzheimer's 8 Oct 2016

Fellow Flyertalkers,

I am walking to raise funds to help do my part to end Alzheimer's and dementia. With my mom, I have seen how devastating and life-changing these diseases are.

I'll never forget the time when my mom first introduced me to her friend in the mirror or asked me to pick up groceries so she could make dinner for her non-existent "friends." To see someone who led a happy, productive life have their lives turned upside down is heartbreaking. Many of us have been, or will be, impacted directly or through a loved one by Alzheimer's or dementia.

I'm walking October 8 and would appreciate your support of this organization.

http:// act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8842&pg=personal&px=12506072
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:39 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We've got a tough job to do, and the Walk helps raise more funds to determine the causes, to find cures and prevention towards a future free of dementias.

My wife has Alzheimer's disease; my godmother Jo, my high school teacher and mentor Joan, two other friends died from the effects Alzheimer's disease, and I have other friends and neighbor's with AD: my good friend Jim, a retired high school coach and school administrator; my friend Joe, a USAF retired B-52 pilot and master gardener; my friend Nick, a WW II submariner (currently residing in a memory care facility).

I'm out of town for our local walk, so I'll support you on yours.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by JDiver
We've got a tough job to do, and the Walk helps raise more funds to determine the causes, to find cures and prevention towards a future free of dementias.

My wife has Alzheimer's disease; my godmother Jo, my high school teacher and mentor Joan, two other friends died from the effects Alzheimer's disease, and I have other friends and neighbor's with AD: my good friend Jim, a retired high school coach and school administrator; my friend Joe, a USAF retired B-52 pilot and master gardener; my friend Nick, a WW II submariner (currently residing in a memory care facility).

I'm out of town for our local walk, so I'll support you on yours.
JDiver,

Thanks so much. I'm sorry for all your loved ones affected by Alzheimer's. You're right that there's a lot of work to be done and it doesn't get nearly the attention and support that's so urgently needed. I'll be thinking about your wife and friends when I walk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.