Search

Acupuncture Relief Project: Primary medical care in remote Nepal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2015, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Acupuncture Relief Project: Primary medical care in remote Nepal

Hi guys,

I wanted to share a project I'm really excited to be working with in September.
I recently have been accepted for a program in Nepal to provide medical care in rural regions, and need your help in helping me help others there.

Acupuncture Relief Project is the longest-serving acupuncture and Chinese medical volunteer organization in Nepal. With an average of 120 treatments per day, ARP is the primary medical provider in the Kogate region of southern Nepal, where neither eastern nor western medical facilities are readily accessible. It also serves as a major employer in the region, hiring staff for interpretation and support/maintenance. We are not taking jobs from locals unlike many volunteer groups, rather adding opportunities, educating people, and only bringing in necessary certified medical staff.

We operate as a community clinic and see conditions including musculoskeletal pain, digestive disorders, hypertension, asthma, gynecological conditions, and rehabilitation/recovers after various scenarios including surgery, stroke, tuberculosis, and typhoid fever. Treatments are provided by board-certified acupuncture and Chinese medicine practitioners utilizing acupuncture, herbs, moxa, cupping, and other modalities. We also contribute to research via studies and specific case study reports about conditions seen in Nepal.

It's surprisingly inexpensive to provide this sort of first-world care in Nepal. Just $100 can cover costs for a day in the clinic. That's 120 patients we can see! Compare this to medical costs in the US where patients often pay much more than $100 for just a single treatment. It's really great to see how much we can help for such a small amount.

All donations are tax-deductible as Acupuncture Relief Project is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization (Tax ID: 26-3335265).

I would appreciate any help you might be able to offer me as a new practitioner. To be blunt, if I can't raise the money, I can't go. I am relying on the goodwill of others to provide my services, and hope I can be a good representative for others who don't have the schedule flexibility to spend two months away from home. If you are not able to help financially, I would really be grateful if you can help spread the word about this inspiring project.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have. I'd be very happy to provide more information or write an article for any publications you may have.

Thanks,
Dawn Webster
http://acupuncturereliefproject.com/...200&Itemid=210
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Thanks for making the world a better place. ^

PS - If you ever need someone to practice on...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.