Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

2011 Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship fund - contribute, you may win a T-6 "Texan" ride!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship fund - contribute, you may win a T-6 "Texan" ride!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund
LHR

Hey Gang,
I got a LHR trip leaving SFO LHR SFO starting on the 29th. Anyone care to meet let me know. Just a 3 day trip but love to meet you guy's.

David
President Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund
Old Oct 6, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund
Smile HNL on the 7th

Thought I would post that I have a layover in HNL on the 7th...anyone around shoot me an email.

David Dosch
Old Oct 21, 2011, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
A friendly reminder for those whose employers run annual "giving" campaigns (e.g. United Way, etc). Check to see if they allow designated giving to 501(c)(3) organizations that are not affiliated with United Way. When I was completing my designated giving form and turned to the back page, I noticed a section that allowed additional designations to any 501(c)(3) organization in the US. It was easy to raise my annual giving amount with an additional designation to the Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund

ETA: As noted in kipper's post below, if you want to consider this approach, check with your local agency (United Way, etc) as to what their policy is regarding "processing fees" for designated giving to non-partner agencies.

Last edited by cawhite; Oct 21, 2011 at 11:09 pm
Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by cawhite
A friendly reminder for those whose employers run annual "giving" campaigns (e.g. United Way, etc). Check to see if they allow designated giving to 501(c)(3) organizations that are not affiliated with United Way. When I was completing my designated giving form and turned to the back page, I noticed a section that allowed additional designations to any 501(c)(3) organization in the US. It was easy to raise my annual giving amount with an additional designation to the Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund.
Small warning with this... At least our local United Way takes a pretty good chunk of what you donate to non-partner agencies for "fundraising and processing fees." Our pledge form reads, "Donor designations to non-partner agencies are assessed both a fundraising and processing fee based on actual historical costs."
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by kipper
Small warning with this... At least our local United Way takes a pretty good chunk of what you donate to non-partner agencies for "fundraising and processing fees." Our pledge form reads, "Donor designations to non-partner agencies are assessed both a fundraising and processing fee based on actual historical costs."
Good catch -- when I first spoke with Captain Dave about this a few weeks ago it's something neither of us thought of. I know our local organization isn't quite as harsh, but it's certainly something to be aware of. I'll edit my post above to note this.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by cawhite
Good catch -- when I first spoke with Captain Dave about this a few weeks ago it's something neither of us thought of. I know our local organization isn't quite as harsh, but it's certainly something to be aware of. I'll edit my post above to note this.
Ours is pretty harsh. I forget what the exact percentage is, but I noticed it when I was looking to send mine to Dress for Success.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.