Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Is 2.5 days enough for Key West with kids aged 7?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver

Hi everyone, planning a trip to Keys with family with two 7 year old and grandparents for MA Feb vacation Feb 13-17. We arrive from Boston into Fort Lauderdale on Sat in February early at 10AM. I plan to rent van, drive 2.5 hours from FLL Airport to Marathon, FL and stay overnight at Hyatt Place Marathon on points. Then plan to stay at Windward Pointe Hyatt in Key West for 2 days Sunday and Monday night on points also. Take our time going back Tues towards Fort Lauderdale and stay near airport Tues night. May or may not hit Miami on the way back. Depends on how much fun the Keys are. Fly out Wed at 11 am.

We are not big drinkers, especially with kids in tow. Just like seeing new things, exploring. Thought something different.

Does this sound good? Wondering if I should head directly to Keys Sat instead of staying in Marathon. A little cheaper on points in Marathon for the one night and I thought kids might enjoy the Turtle Hospital and I heard beaches are a little better in Marathon. As always, appreciate the advice.

Also, any other kid recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

Chris
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:11 am
Suspended

I'd say 2.5 days is plenty for the age of your children.I'd also stick with your original plan to stay in Marathon on the Saturday night.
Key West really isn't geared towards family vacations although that's not to say you can't have a good one if you're used to making your own fun.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:28 pm

It's going to take longer than 2 1/2 hours to drive FLL-Marathon. As far as kid stuff,you can try Theater of the Sea in Islamorada and Everglades Alligator Farm in Florida City . Make sure you stop @ Robert is Here farm market on the way to the Gator farm .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.