Wiki Posts
Search

Four days in FL: Naples or Tampa?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Smiles Diamante, dirt elsewhere
Four days in FL: Naples or Tampa?

my wife and I will have four days after a cruise early December. Trying to decide between Naples and Tampa, or any place in between. We are mainly outdoors people, so looking mainly for beaches, national parks, hiking areas, Everglades, that kind of thing. That said, a nice area to walk in the evenings and have dinner would also be nice.

Any hotel suggestions? Nothing fancy, we'll probably just be there for the evenings. We usually stay at a Hampton or similar.

Any suggestions?

thanks
FR
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
December can be "cold" in Tampa. Probably not beach weather if you want to get in the water.

Naples will be much warmer if you are looking for beach.

Both have plenty to do. Naples is very close to Everglades National Park.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Check out the Ft Myers area too.
Myakka River State Park has some great kayaking as does Tarpon bay. Shelling on Sanibel and Captiva.
Fossil hunting on the Peace River and other areas are pretty cool. Finding a Megalodon tooth is an amazing keepsake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.