Search

Caribbean - Cruise vs All-Inclusive Resort

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:03 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Caribbean - Cruise vs All-Inclusive Resort

I'm looking for some advice about a week holiday somewhere in March. I know it's kind of personal but I was hoping to get some pro's and cons about a cruise in the Caribbean vs spending a week in an all-inclusive resort in the same location.

I have cruised the Caribbean before. I know most of the ports and I know the cruise-experience. My last cruise was in Alaska (Princess) and was not such a wonderful experience (too much upselling going on) so this stops me from directly booking another cruise.

I've never been to any of the all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean however so I'm looking for some insights on those.
- They seem to be more expensive than a cruise... are they worth it?
- What would be a reasonable price to pay?
- If you would choose one, which one would you choose? (preferably Marriott or Hilton)
- Is it a good option for a couple without kids?
- Would you get any benefits as a Hhonors Gold?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I have never been to a all-inclusive either but I'd always vote cruise for two reasons. 1: I love being on the water 24/7 and 2: The ports of call give you changes of scenery.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
Do the all-inclusive resort. While it is more than a cruise vacation, there is good reason why. It includes so much more, way beyond just the alcohol..

The cruise business model has changed and they lure you with a low fare in advance and then nickel and dime you to death while on the ship. All the luxury, glamour, elegance and exclusivity that cruising once enjoyed is now long gone. More like cruising with folks from the worst part of town while eating banquet food morning, noon, and night.

Worldspan
Naples, Florida

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.