Wiki Posts
Search

Naples at Christmas

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Naples at Christmas

Hi there

As a regular visitor to Naples from Scotland we (my wife and I) have decided to come over for Christmas this year, flying on the 24th and leaving on the 4th January. We normally stay at the Trianon in the centre of Naples then head to the Keys for a few days before coming back to either Marco Island or to Naples. I appreciate that hotel prices are steep at this time of year and we have been exploring the possibility of a condo/villa rental in or around Naples/Bonita Springs for the entire trip as this would probably work out more relaxing than a hotel. My wife has tried the usual sites (owners direct etc.) but I just wondered if there was any further advice/websites that people would recommend? I wish I had been more prepared as I have heard of exchange sites which might have worked as we have a nice house close to Edinburgh and some of the UK's best golf courses - maybe next time!
Thanks

Tim
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Just remember that you are looking for the absolutly most expensive two weeks of the year,
you might try www.snowbirdseekers.com

Craigs List - just be careful

VRBO
Old Aug 16, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: Still working on being loyal
www.airbnb.com
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, HiltonH, AA Advantage
Try Googling Marco Island Vacation Rentals. Many sites with good quality seasonals.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
Craigs List - just be careful
I wouldn't recommend this, even though I live in Broward County, and not Southwest Florida. Locally, there have been a few incidents involving crime set ups utilizing CraigsList.

-LPDAL
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Two questions.

First....

Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
Just remember that you are looking for the absolutly most expensive two weeks of the year,
you might try www.snowbirdseekers.com
Has anyone rented from this site? Many of the properties listed seem to be too good to be true.

Second...

How far in advance should one be trying to book a property over the Christmas/New Year holiday? I started looking in July, and many of the properties within our price range found on VRBO and AirBNB were already unavailable.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Some of the snowbirkseekers properties may be in "age restricted" communities and also mobile home parks. That makes the prices cheaper.

Many people keep their properties for their personal use over the holidays. Many people book the same place over the holidays every year so book it as soon as they open the calendar.

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Two questions.

First....

Has anyone rented from this site? Many of the properties listed seem to be too good to be true.

Second...

How far in advance should one be trying to book a property over the Christmas/New Year holiday? I started looking in July, and many of the properties within our price range found on VRBO and AirBNB were already unavailable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.