Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Recommend in Miami i) a Cuban restaurant and ii) Cuban jazz club?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper

Hola, mis amigos. I'm heading to Miami for the Packers game in a couple of weeks. My friend and I would love to get a taste for things that are uniquely Miamian. Is there a particularly good Cuban restaurant you can recommend? Same for a Cuban jazz club. We're staying in South Beach, but we could cab over to other parts of town if need be.

Thanks for any ideas you have.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
You have to get a cuban coffee or cafe con leche at one of the many windows of little cafes. Will look for a good one.
Larios on the beach is good cuban food owned by Glorida Estafan, if you do not want to venture far.
Old school cuban in South Beach is Puerto Sagua on Collins. Don't go late at night. The Cuban sandwich is good for a quick lunch.
On Espanola Way is Havana 1957. Good mojitos. Haven't really had the food but a great place to sit and people watch.

If you find yourself passing a LaCarretta it is good standard cuban food.
This article gives some good suggestions including the iconic Versailles: http://www.travelchannel.com/destina...an-restaurants

While not strictly Cuban Jazz, there is Tobacco Road, the oldest bar in Miami and great jazz some nights.

There is usually some good flamenco guitarist at a couple of the bars along Ocean Ave.

While not what you asked about, you need to stroll down the Lincoln Road Mall and have breakfast at the News Cafe. It is a tradition.

Will add more suggestions later.

Last edited by pbiflyer; Sep 26, 2014 at 12:36 pm
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.